Wednesday 27 September 2006

Guess How Much I Love You?


As I was driving home tonight, there was this amazing, AMAZING light. It was this glow of an extended sunset in the distance just at not-quite-dusk. I've seen colour like that before only in Hawaii and I found it equally enchanting then.

There were perfect songs playing on my iShuffle ( or maybe they were perfect because of the mood ) and it was really a beautiful sight and feeling. I didn't have my camera with me, as is often the case so I drove quickly home to get it.

As I drove, the light changed, as it does, and a lovely crescent moon rose to my left in a dusky blue evening sky, while to the right of me the sun was setting orange and red low in the horizon. Buildings behind me were highlighted from behind by the dark and lit up in front with the sunset.

I truly wish I could have captured it on a camera for you, it was just gorgeous and really made me feel happy to be living in this darn fine town.

I knew I wouldn't get the light quite in time, but I did the next best thing and ran in, grabbed my camera and took off down to the beach. The photo you see captures the tail end of the glorious sunset that created such a glow this evening. I wanted you all to be able to see even just a tiny bit of what I saw.

I know I may sound like a bit of an enraptured crazy person right now but it was really *that* pretty.

So. There you go. A nice sunset for you to look at and think happy thoughts over.

I hope some local readers got to see some of the glowing-ness that I did. Nature rocks.

So do you guys! : )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't living on the coast just wonderful sometimes? We get these amazing sunsets struck against equally beautiful vistas. I could sit and take photos of sunsets over beaches/mountains/forests forever. (I was looking at a very similar sky here tonight and wishing I had my camera as well.) Thanks for the beautiful photo.

Victoria said...

Likalia, it really is just awesome!
I too could be a sunset junkie. In fact, I often run around at sunset time grabbing a camera and chasing the light. Glad you saw a nice sky tonight too. : )

You're very welcome for the photo. ; )

Victoria said...

isn't being upside down enough? now you have to wait for autumn too? ;)

you're summer-ing? no.. wait.. what season are you currently enjoying?

Victoria said...

I'll try not to take any more beach photos as long as you don't mention summer while we're in the dead of winter! :)

I agree on the road thing, by the way.

dilling said...

hasn't life on the island been just gorgeous lately? the air is clear and crisp, and the sunsets and sunrises (new dog means I have seen some of those lately) have just been outstanding....

Victoria said...

It's been absolutely gorgeous dilling, I'm loving it! I grew up on the mainland and the weather is just better here :)
New dog? Lucky you!! One day I'll get me a doggie too :)
I think while it's like this I'll carry my camera around more.