Saturday 2 September 2006

I Hate Being Single

There are a few things I miss about not having a significant other in my life. I miss the cuddling and intimacy of course, (duh) but that's not all.

I miss having someone to watch scary movies with. I miss someone to turn to when a freaky bug gets into my apartment. I miss having someone who'll check the air pressure in my tires and give me a backrub.

Most of the time I'm ok with missing all of these things. But today? Today I got a real slap in the face from the Universe. An unnecessary reminder that there is only one of me.

You see, when you're single, you don't have enough towels to put them in a load of their own, so you have to put your towels, nay, towel in with your other laundry.

And when you put your towel (noun. singular) in a load of darks that include some of your favourite black shirts, the towel (just one of them) might just make little fluffies all over your favourite black shirts. And that will make you curse the fates that have made you single at this exact moment because now everything has towel fluff on it.

*Shakes fist at sky* Curse you towel fluff! We can't all be married, you know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get around that by having seven big, fluffy towels, as well as an assortment of face clothes and smaller terri-wares. that way, i get to have a fresh, clean, soft towel every day of the week, and they get to spin-cycle and tumble dry in a load all their own.
towels are cheap enough if you shop around, and an extra dose of quarters a week is nothing in the face of marriage or co-habitation, especially if they snore or eat all your food.
umm, i actually have ten towels, or some similar number greater then seven but less than fourteen, sometimes i don't get around to laundering exactly one a week, but nary should two whole weeks pass.

Victoria said...

*Reads Jim's comment, taking copious notes. Runs off to go shopping*

I nearly killed an ex who was a nasty snorer... more towels sounds like a better solution than dating him again!

; )

Michael Colvin said...

There is an upside to your single status. At least you don't have to scour the top floor looking for soggy wet towels that your other half has abandoned.

Victoria said...

lol.

so true

dilling said...

the back rubs only last for the first little while anyway, unless you specifically ask for one... though I still appreciate the tire pressure checks and the oil checks... and he still loves when I make french toast on Sunday mornings. I think.

Victoria said...

mmmmm.... backrubs : )