Saturday 9 September 2006

To the "Other" Drivers

The reason I have that car's length of space between me and the car in front of me? It's not so that you can cut in front of me. Especially without signalling.

Oh, and also?

If you tailgate me when I'm already going over the speed limit? I'm just going to slow all the way down to the speed limit.

And one more thing.

The "two lanes will become one in a bit" sign? Is not a signal for you to double your speed just so you can get in ahead of me. There's no one behind me! It won't save you any time.


Okay. Bye.

4 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I LOVE to slow down when I am tailgated. I have even been in the fast lane of the motorway and dropped down to 35. Hee Hee!

Victoria said...

heh.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the tailgating! And also? Drivers who drive at the same (slow) speed in the left lane as the drivers in the right lane, when there's plenty of room for them to move over but unless they do, you can't get around them and resume your happy-go-lucky speeding.

Let's take a page from the Brits on this one: Right lane is for driving. Left lane is for passing. Or driving, but only if you are not holding anyone up. When you are holding someone up, move out of their way.

Victoria said...

lol!

They've actually started putting up signs around here (well, out near the ferries anyway) that say "left lane is for passing" and something something right lane. I like em!