Tuesday 24 October 2006

Jack Bauer: 25

That's right. Twenty-FIVE. 24 is *so* last year.

You see, I've found a rogue quarter. I've named it Jack. It's currently under a pile of fruit. I think.

I was at the Dentist this morning (look, aren't my teeth sparkly?) and since I had an hour or so left before I had to go back to work (look, still at home!) I decided to pick up some groceries. (Look, I can eat tonight!)

As I was pulling my receipt out of my purse (to enter it into Quicken, aren't I a great budgeter?) a quarter had caught itself up in the folded receipt and backflipped into one of my grocery bags. I made a mental not to retrieve it later. (Cuz, dude, a quarter is like practically a whole dollar, almost.) After I'd put away the perishables (I kind of love that word) and checked my email and comments (I have priorities, people, and your comments are them!) I went back to put away the rest of my groceries.

I emptied out the bag-with-quarter-in and dumped it upside down to get the quarter out. The quarter did some kind of funky maneuver and ended up deep inside another bag. I then carefully emptied out that bag, making a pile on the counter, at which point, the quarter leapt from the bag and buried itself deep under a bunch of apples and a package of spaghetti.

I don't know what the quarter is trying to do. Or trying to avoid. I don't know if its life goal is to be spent or to never have to see the inside of a cash register. So, I'm trying to figure out what the best plan is.

I think I'm going to put away the rest of the groceries, go to work, and see where the quarter is once I get home.

I mean, who am I to get in the way of little Jack Quarter's quest for saving ... uh... saving the pennies from being put into rolls? (Look, I'm really not crazy, this little quarter had a PLAN! It was not going to stay quietly in the change pocket of my purse, brother.*)






*OK, would Desmond from LOST be as deliciously hunky if he didn't call everyone brother?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Thanks for the laugh - those Crazy Caribou Coins!

Plus Desmond, mmmmmm, yummy! (Though it might be the accent that does it.)

Victoria said...

It's the accent AND the "brother" and the general hunkiness.

And the accent. ; )

cocoa_no_gogo said...

Well, at least you not obsessing about it.

Victoria said...

obsessing? Moi? Never.

...mumbles to self... i'm not obsessing, I'd know if I was obsessing...mumble fades.

Yeah, Kate's cute and all, but brother, seriously. Come on now, brother.

Victoria said...

Yeah, I'm a Scot too. Parents came over here after marriage.

I'm a real sucker for accents and Desmond's is mahhhhvelous

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is a little of the Scot in me that finds him yummy, but there is also the stuble and the 'brother' too. :)

So Ryan, is it really Kate's freckles or her naturally wonderful Canadian charm shining through?

Victoria said...

*sits eating popcorn, waiting for Ryan's answer. cuz, really, Likalia has an excellent point*

*high fives for the Canadian ladies!*

*goes off to dream about certain Scottish be-stubbled Desmonds*

(Be-Stubbled.. it's the new "be-jewelled")

Michael Colvin said...

I agree with the be-stubbling but not on Desmond. Nooo! You mean Jack surely?

How can you not fall for all that manly dashing around, dodging flying engine parts and giving mouth to mouth?

Dezzie's just been stuck in a hole like Gollum, muttering "brother" over and over to himself.

I'm just saying.

Victoria said...

Oh, hey. Jack is dishy too. Absolutely. For sure.
I'm not complaining about Sayid either, mind you.
But I don't mind Dezzie's Gollum phase. Just means he needs more lovin from me!
wheeeeeeeeee


(now I can't get the image of Desmond/Gollum out of my mind! LOL)

Anonymous said...

Come on! Clean Des up a bit and no problem. He has way more hair than Gollum, and isn't all hunchy. Plus his accent is way hotter than that screechy little voice Gollum has.

Although let us not forget everyone's fav con artist, Sawyer, cause he is totally drool worthy also.

Maybe that is the reason we all watch, nothing to do with interesting plot twists and mysteries. Hmmm... ;)