Thursday 1 March 2007

Innocence is Bliss


I was standing at the bus stop in Grade 7 when this kinda mean boy from our class came up to me with a nasty look on his face.

"So. Do you know what a blow job is?" he grinned.

The rest of my friends had gone into Dunkin' Donuts to buy a donut for the ride home (I always got those ones with the strawberry jelly filling and the sugary outside) so I didn't have anyone to turn to for backup. And, of course, being 12, I didn't know I could just ignore him and walk away.

I can't remember what I said to him, but I remember him laughing at me and asking me if I knew why it was called a blow job when it wasn't about blowing at all.

I found the whole thing terribly embarrassing and humiliating, but I've never been sure if it was because I didn't know what he was talking about or because I thought I should know what he was talking about.

Either way, it was far too young to have to start to wondering why it was called a blow job if there really wasn't any blowing going on and, what, exactly, was the reason anyone would want to do that anyway? I was pretty sure it was only something prostitutes would do.

I mean, seriously. Who'd do *that* on purpose, right?

8 comments:

Maplemusketeer said...

Well I can say with a confident degree of certainty that I would not do *that*. Personal preference.

For a second I was stumped as how to answer the posed question safely with out putting anything in my mouth. By "anything" I'm referencing my foot. :)

My work here is done. Now if it was a question of doing the other... I may have a hunch on the kind of guys who'd do that.

Victoria said...

Can't. Answer. Laughing too hard!!!!!

LOL

Maplemusketeer said...

See this whole tragic part of your youth should no longer happen thanks to the internet and helpful search sites like wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowjob
Now the poor confused malicious lad can look it up.

"The common slang term blow-job technically is a misnomer, as true "blowing"; i.e., the expelling of air through the mouth, is not used in fellatio as it would not be pleasurable . It is most commonly thought to reflect an intentional conflation of "suck" and "blow," technically antonyms but both equally suitable as vulgar terms describing oral sexual activity."

So at least you rest assured that that mean-spirited fellow was using "vulgar" terminology and that blow job is in face a misnomer.

My hasn't the internet edumacated us good?

Victoria said...

Thank goodness for the internets!!!!

I like me a good google.


Hey, wait.. it sounds like I'm being vulgar now!

heh.

Maplemusketeer said...

of course your not. of course...

Victoria said...

lol

Jonathan Beckett said...

I never dreamed I would see the term "Google" used in a sexual way... lol

I will never see it in the same way ever again (in much the same way that I stupidly now think the word custody is intensely funny - just re-spell it custardy, and fit it into the legal sentence...)

Victoria said...

LOL.

I give you full custardy of the child.

(heh)