Tuesday 27 March 2007

Summing it Up


This photo is exactly what I'm feeling right now.

A dude wearing red socks.

Totally.

That's my life.

Odd.

Can't decide if it's wrong or awesome.

For one thing, I can not get over how light it is around 7 pm now. I *know* that's the point of the whole Daylight Savings Time Whatnot, but still... it's bizarre to me. Or maybe it's that plus being back at work after being far far away. Added on to the week before that being the time change week (which was evil) and did I mention the guy (yeah, slipped that one by ya, didn't I) ?

Right.

I'm a little dazed and confused. (Which, by the way, happens to be the title of one of my favourite movies. And a song by the greatest band EVER!)

I'm trying to figure out where to start with it all... and how to explain it all... the holiday... the guy... the brain melt that's now in its third week... but I've only been back three days so I'm just catching up on work and sleep. (Er, and I might have been on the phone a lot to The Other Side of the Country. Maybe. I forget. Ahem.)

So for now, I'll just sit here and wonder if this dude meant to wear red socks or if he just didn't have any other clean ones or if he just didn't care. I kind of hope it was the latter. Life must be easier if you don't care. Yes?

I don't know. I wonder though.

As for me, I'll be wearing black socks tomorrow.

That much I know.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, NICE, keeping us in suspense like that :P

dilling said...

he picked them to match the suitcase...

Catlin said...

I hated "losing" an hour but I loooove having "won" so much light!

I bought my first pair of black socks a week ago, I thought maybe I should grow up and stop wearing the bright and colorful, patterned socks my mom used to buy me. My bf freaked out! Guess I won't be growing up anytime soon...

cocoa_no_gogo said...

Perhaps he isn't wearing socks at all, and it is his feet that are red.

Victoria said...

Laura: ; )

Dilling: The even awesomer thing? I don't think it was a suitcase. I think he was using it at his work briefcase!

Catlin: The light is indeed redeeming of the whole debacle. (Apparently I'm in "big word" mode today) And don't bother with the "growing up" thing. My mother freaks out when I wear my stripy socks! ; )

Cocoa: You are so wise..... So wise.

The Single Girl said...

Glad to have you back and I can't wait to hear all about the guy.

Anonymous said...

It now getting darker and colder down here at 7pm now.

:-(

*sob*

Victoria said...

TSG: I still consider myself single... is that weird? : )

Ryan: : (
Time to move up here, maybe? ; )

The Single Girl said...

Not to me, but I may not be the best person to ask ;)

Victoria said...

hee!