Thursday, 26 July 2007

Cut to the Chase

While I don't have the blogging energy to give a full and complete version of what's gone on and not gone on with Smith for the last month (or so) I thought that the conversation I just had with my Mom would kind of sum things up for you nicely.

See, Smith is finished his training (as of a couple of days ago) and will not be continuing.

And that's all I know right now.



Mom: So, Smith's done his training?

Me: Yep.

Mom: And is he going to fly out and see you?

Me: No.

Mom: Why not?

Me: He has to go back to work.

Mom: Oh. I didn't know he had a job.

Me: (Patiently, because really, I didn't ever see it as a "job" before) He's enrolled with the Canadian Armed Forces. It's a job.

Mom: Well, is he leaving the Army and coming out here soon then?

Me: I don't think so, no.

Mom: Why not?

Me: Well, because I don't think he wants to.

Mom: Oh.




Yeah.

I guess we'll see, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I guess time will tell.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:58:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

It always does.

I just hope I don't let myself get dragged down in the waiting, you know?

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:13:00 am  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I thought you were thinking of visiting him in August?

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:23:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

I was, but the timing didn't work too well with the work course I have to do and we weren't sure when his training would be done and stuff. There's still a teeny tiny chance I might head out, but I'm not betting on it.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.