Thursday 26 July 2007

Cut to the Chase

While I don't have the blogging energy to give a full and complete version of what's gone on and not gone on with Smith for the last month (or so) I thought that the conversation I just had with my Mom would kind of sum things up for you nicely.

See, Smith is finished his training (as of a couple of days ago) and will not be continuing.

And that's all I know right now.



Mom: So, Smith's done his training?

Me: Yep.

Mom: And is he going to fly out and see you?

Me: No.

Mom: Why not?

Me: He has to go back to work.

Mom: Oh. I didn't know he had a job.

Me: (Patiently, because really, I didn't ever see it as a "job" before) He's enrolled with the Canadian Armed Forces. It's a job.

Mom: Well, is he leaving the Army and coming out here soon then?

Me: I don't think so, no.

Mom: Why not?

Me: Well, because I don't think he wants to.

Mom: Oh.




Yeah.

I guess we'll see, right?

4 comments:

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I guess time will tell.

Victoria said...

It always does.

I just hope I don't let myself get dragged down in the waiting, you know?

Yvonne said...

I thought you were thinking of visiting him in August?

Victoria said...

I was, but the timing didn't work too well with the work course I have to do and we weren't sure when his training would be done and stuff. There's still a teeny tiny chance I might head out, but I'm not betting on it.