Tuesday 21 August 2007

Aural Gratification

An unexpected bonus of my watching So You Can Think You Can Dance this year is that the following songs are now regularly on repeat around my place.

Music has a certain healing capacity for me that may come from in part from my childhood, but also from my dance background. Music makes me feel and I love when I find music that echoes what I'm feeling.

It's like an amazing internal harmony.

It's comforting, somehow, to hear what's caught up inside.


No video, just black on this one.... Imogen Heap - The Moment I Said It. Glorious.


Apologize - One Republic. Beautiful. Just makes you want to move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to something I read somewhere, music existed before speech and thus it's as much a "universal language" as things like body language. Hence why it can have such a deep impact.

When it's proper music, anyway, rather than the crappy boy band stuff we get bombarded with these days :)

Victoria said...

Totally cool.

:)