Friday 26 October 2007

You Know What To Do G, Bust A Move

Dude, I have no idea why I love this song so much, but there it is.

It come on a lot while I'm at the gym and every time it does, my brain says "Victoria? You totally have to write a post about this song and guys busting a move and all the stuff that this song's about!"

But by the time I get home and showered and sat down in front of the computer my brain has forgotten all the brilliant stories and anecdotes I've thought up.

Once, I got so far as to decide this photo would be PERFECT for my story and I typed up the title and uploaded the photo from flickr and, I'm not kidding, the entry looked like this..." I forget what I was going to say."

So now it's up to you to break my writers block, my friends.

Tell me your "bust a move" story. I know you've got em.

Need inspiration? Crank up the volume and dance to this puppy. Cuz you know what to do G, bust a move!




Young M.C. Bust a Move

PS. I hereby claim the right to re-use this photo should my originally intended post re-appear from the deep, dark recesses of my mind!

6 comments:

Ben said...

Sure ... (I can't believe I'm actually going to share this in the public domain, let alone with a bunch of people I don't know at all.)

At a friend's wedding at the beginning of this year, "I Will Survive" came on during the dancing.
A bit of background on the situation: I know these people from a time when we were around a lot of deaf and/or hearing impaired people, and as such, some of them at the wedding are American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters, including one half of the newly married couple, and the rest of us who aren't interpreters at least know a healthy amount of sign language. I happen to know all the words to "I Will Survive," and all the signs as well. So mix a background of West Coast Swing, with a touch of Pop & Lock, ASL, and knowing all the lyrics to "I Will Survive", and apparently the result was a site to see. One of the interpreters told me later that she thought it was hilarious, and great to watch.

This all started back when we used to dance to "Brick House" - the lyrics are slow enough, you can do the signs right along with him as he's singing, and you can throw in plenty of body embellishment too. C-:


..... I'll see if I can find the West Coast Swing Jack & Jill where two pros danced to "Bust a Move"

danish said...

I got nothin', but I really like cap's story. That's just great~

Hopefully you can get past this temporary writer's block thing so you can share some of yours, too! :)

Victoria said...

OMG Cap, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I want videos and if there are no videos, do it all again! I friggin love it. I've always been fascinated with the idea of incorporating ASL with dance and doing something amazing with it but I don't have the skills, so I think your story rocks!
(And is fun too!)

Danish, totally awesome story eh? I've got nothing that cool! : )

Ben said...

Ahhh, so I had heard a Champions West Coast Jack & Jill competition with that song in it; it was Swing Diego 2007, Ben Morris & Melissa Rutz.... but search youtube, the only results I came up with are the winners of the respective competitions.

I don't have the software on my computer to rip the DVD and put just that routine online, and I respect the guy who produced it(Doug Silton) so much that I'm not sure I would, even if I could.

However, if for some reason, Doug were to either okay it, or if someone else knows of a way we could view it, there's some pretty slick dancing to the very song Victoria wanted to hear today. [Though I have to say, if they were going to be beat by anyone, I'm glad it was Kyle and Mary Ann.]

dilling said...

I dance like Snoopy... or so I've been told...repeatedly.

Victoria said...

Dilling, I think that's awesome! That must mean you dance happy :D

Thanks for tryin' Cap! :)