Wednesday, 14 November 2007

How About Another Song Then, Eh?


Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Chasing Cars

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own.

We don't need
Anything.
Or anyone.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

I don't quite knowHow to sayHow I feel.

Those three words
I've said too much
They're not enough.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

Forget what we're toldBefore we get too old.Show me a garden that's bursting into life.

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads.

I need your GraceTo remind meTo find my own.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old.
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I amAll that I ever wasIs here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.

I don't know where.Confused about how as well.Just know that these things will never
Change for us at all.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and
Just forget the world?




Snow Patrol

7 Comments:

Blogger Likalia said...

So good...:)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:37:00 pm  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey V!

Speaking of Snow Patrol I was listening to their Eyes Open album last week and I came across their song You Could Be Happy. It was weird listening to it because I actually stopped what I was doing after listening to it for the first time and replayed it.

Upon listening to the lyrics carefully the second time I reflected back upon a certain relationship where these lyrics would've been perfect.

Since then I've played it a few more times. ;)

Strange how sime sings can give us that pause and reflection in life.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:45:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Likalia, 's very good!

Ryan, that's totally what I did with this song too! Music's awesome that way. : )

Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:27:00 am  
Blogger Tyler Durden said...

That's kinda sad. You post like this sometimes when you are depressed. Are you OK?

Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:05:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh, I'm very much not and it's funny that you think it's sad because I now see it as the most beautiful, uplifting song : ) Thanks for checking in on me though, I appreciate it! :D

Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:52:00 pm  
Blogger So@24 said...

I totally reference this...

http://startingoverat24.blogspot.com/2007/07/its-going-to-be-one-of-those-huh.html

Saturday, November 17, 2007 4:28:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

D'you know what's interesting about music? And, all art, for that matter, I suppose... it can mean totally different things to different people. I think it's amazing that you feel it's a depressing song while I find it inspiring and enlightening! Music is cool that way, no?

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.