Saturday 17 May 2008

The Men in My Life Who Are Not Bird. A Status Update.

1. Cute temp spy worker guy: I flirted with him, we all went out for drinks, I clarified my single status, he was surprised I was single, he has a partner* in another country he visits regularly. (I think. This information was whispered to me by a co-worker while he was making a phone call so I'll have to find some crafty way to confirm.)

*Single men should not be allowed to talk about having a "partner" as it makes one wonder what is meant. Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Business associate? Lover? Ex? Long term committed true love of your life? Or, if they're going to use the term, they should at least be legally required to insert their partner's name. As in, "My partner Julie and I" That'd help.

2. Runner Girl's Shy but Sweet Friend: We chat via email. We've tried to hang out a couple of times but haven't managed to as our schedules don't seem to line up well. I'll probably run into him again at some point.

3. Cute guy I've had a crush on forever: I've decided to keep this as a crush for now so as not to find out that he's less than I've dreamed of. Plus, I don't really feel like initiating a relationship right now. Maybe he'll suddenly remember how he knows me and will call up our mutual friend(s) and ask for my number. (Good dream, eh?)

4. Young Buck Co-worker, Runner Guy, All of my Exes: Disappeared, never to be heard of again.

6 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I sometimes thank the maker that I'm married, and out of this whole relationship mire thing...

Victoria said...

:)

Yvonne said...

Arrgh, the "disappearing act". I feel my blood pressure going up! ;(

Victoria said...

Heh

Alexandra said...

The "partner" thing frustrates me. I think at least twice, I asked the person what he meant by that. Maybe I had been drinking at a time and my tolerance for fuzzy wording was diminished. Maybe.

Victoria said...

Heh. Last time I asked "and your partner's name is....?" 'cuz, really, a girl's gotta know!