Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Points

- I feel like it's been ages since I've had a cold or been sick. Good thing this one's a doozy.

- Almond milk, while my new favourite "non dairy" drink, still tastes thin in tea. Know what I mean? Thin?

-I suppose "thin" is a fair thing to have to put up with to be pain free. Yay pain free! Although, I did sneak in that ice cream cone last weekend and the pain was (almost) worth it.

-No, I'm not lactose intolerant. Go figure.

-I took a sick day yesterday. Apparently the spy world did not fall apart without me. Huh.

-I will go back to work today just to make sure, though.

-What, exactly, happened to May anyway? I swear it only just started.

-Anyone want to bring me food and tuck me under my blankie on the couch?

-I don't remember reading the last two chapters of my book.

-I'm more excited than anyone I know that So You Think You Can Dance is back on.

-Yes, it was Swiftsure weekend again. Yes, I think it was the chocolate martini that allowed my cold to take hold. Curses alcohol and your ability to lull my immune system into submission!

-I went on a yacht.

-It was fancier than my apartment. And bigger.

-I was intimidated.

-Apparently Bird is a "dink". These are not my words. Nor are they his.

-Anyone ever wonder how cold medicine is supposed to help a runny nose and a stuffed up nose at the same time? Isn't that.... counter-productive or something?

-Yes, I may have taken some cold medication, why do you ask?

6 Comments:

Blogger Alexandreena said...

Cold medication rocks!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:43:00 am  
Blogger dilling said...

heheheh....you're funny.
Chicken soup vibes going out your way...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:54:00 am  
Blogger Likalia said...

Hope you feel better soon, though sitting at home under a blanket with tea and a good book is kind of a nice way to work on recovery. :)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:28:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Alexandreena, it's weird stuff!

Thanks Dilling, I'll take those vibes :)

Likalia, I do feel better today, the tea and blankets yesterday must have helped!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:35:00 pm  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Colds at this time of the year are just wrong. ;(
So your food issues all solved?!

Yes, funny how the corporate world does not implode on itself if we miss a day. ;)

Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:04:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

I am mending the cold, thanks. Yay!

My food issues are getting there. Not solved, but... no longer hideous, ya know? Double yay!

I wonder what industry does implode if someone misses a day? ;)

Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.