Wednesday 28 May 2008

Points

- I feel like it's been ages since I've had a cold or been sick. Good thing this one's a doozy.

- Almond milk, while my new favourite "non dairy" drink, still tastes thin in tea. Know what I mean? Thin?

-I suppose "thin" is a fair thing to have to put up with to be pain free. Yay pain free! Although, I did sneak in that ice cream cone last weekend and the pain was (almost) worth it.

-No, I'm not lactose intolerant. Go figure.

-I took a sick day yesterday. Apparently the spy world did not fall apart without me. Huh.

-I will go back to work today just to make sure, though.

-What, exactly, happened to May anyway? I swear it only just started.

-Anyone want to bring me food and tuck me under my blankie on the couch?

-I don't remember reading the last two chapters of my book.

-I'm more excited than anyone I know that So You Think You Can Dance is back on.

-Yes, it was Swiftsure weekend again. Yes, I think it was the chocolate martini that allowed my cold to take hold. Curses alcohol and your ability to lull my immune system into submission!

-I went on a yacht.

-It was fancier than my apartment. And bigger.

-I was intimidated.

-Apparently Bird is a "dink". These are not my words. Nor are they his.

-Anyone ever wonder how cold medicine is supposed to help a runny nose and a stuffed up nose at the same time? Isn't that.... counter-productive or something?

-Yes, I may have taken some cold medication, why do you ask?

6 comments:

Alexandreena said...

Cold medication rocks!

dilling said...

heheheh....you're funny.
Chicken soup vibes going out your way...

Likalia said...

Hope you feel better soon, though sitting at home under a blanket with tea and a good book is kind of a nice way to work on recovery. :)

Victoria said...

Alexandreena, it's weird stuff!

Thanks Dilling, I'll take those vibes :)

Likalia, I do feel better today, the tea and blankets yesterday must have helped!

Yvonne said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Colds at this time of the year are just wrong. ;(
So your food issues all solved?!

Yes, funny how the corporate world does not implode on itself if we miss a day. ;)

Victoria said...

I am mending the cold, thanks. Yay!

My food issues are getting there. Not solved, but... no longer hideous, ya know? Double yay!

I wonder what industry does implode if someone misses a day? ;)