Wednesday 30 July 2008

Well, Let Me Tell You

So, what did I do this weekend, you asked?

Well, ok, maybe you didn't ask, but it's a cute intro, no? No? Oh well, never mind. I tried.

My weekend seems years ago, not days ago. It was one of those weekends. One of those weekends that stick with you for a while. One of those weekends that leave you wondering.

And hopefully, smiling.

There was bacon involved, and the calling of friends to go out and eat some with in the late morning. There was being at a pub until closing and realizing that neither of us knew it had gotten that late. There was Luminara, Victoria's lantern festival and the exhalation of held breath when I left at the end and hadn't run into my Ex.

There was catching up with old friends, realizing we've known each other almost half our lives and talking about all the crushes we had, all the parties we went to; reliving all the fun times and forgetting any bad times. There was falling asleep on said old friends' bed for a cat nap after discussing when and why guys had to re-position their "goods" and what, exactly, was so annoying about having a penis.

And then there was me, before the drinks had even been served, turning to my companion and asking if he'd ever sleep with me; if the thought had ever crossed his mind. And then there was spending the rest of the evening telling myself that just because he'd said yes, didn't give me the right to lean over and kiss him, as much as I might, in that moment, want to.

So, glad you asked?

8 comments:

Likalia said...

So it was a good weekend then? ;)

I'm so glad I asked.

Isn't asking him in the first place his cue to kiss you? I mean he isn't going to get a better opening then that is he? Though good on you for your etiquette, even if you wanted to. :)

Laura said...

Sounds like a great weekend. What IS with guys and the repositioning of their goods at any moment, no matter how public?!

And wow, I think that is brave of you to ask your friend if he had ever wanted to sleep with you. I wouldn't have the guts to ask that even if I was drunk. I think you should kiss him now.

Victoria said...

Likalia, I'm glad you asked about my weekend too! ;)
And, yeah, I would have thought that was his cue to kiss me too: kind of an obvious opening line, eh? heh

Laura, it was a good weekend, and I had the repositioning explained to me: sometimes it's tugging REAL bad and it's either live with the pain or reposition. Other times it's that, er, things have shifted and unless there's some repositioning, it's going to be, uh, obvious? Or, maybe those were just my friend's excuses? ;)

Alexandreena said...

Sounds like a great weekend. As any weekend that starts with bacon tends to be.

And you know what's even worse than asking a friend if he'd sleep with you? Him replying he already did , 3 years ago, on that long on drinks, short on food cottage weekend.
Not that it ever happened to me or anything.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT! I got chills when I read that part (asking him if he'd ever sleep with you)

Victoria said...

Alexandreena, that, um, would be bad! Glad it never happened to you or anything ;)

Well, chills are good SOTJ, glad you got some! :D Hopefully I will too! Tee hee!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Too bad your friend didn't take the hint, though maybe it is for the better...

Victoria said...

Well, it's probably for the better, but it would have been fun at the time. ;)