Thursday 16 October 2008

Inside My Head


There are a random assortment of unconnected thoughts:

Some about this time of year and how things don't seem to be as far along the fall scale as I remember, but that it was frosty the other morning, and didn't we always used to get the first frost just around Hallowe'en?

Some thoughts are about how I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew in a few areas of my life right now and how I need to learn how and when to say no, instead of just automatically answering "yes" before I've even considered the implications of what I'm being asked.

And those thoughts are somewhat connected to the fact that I feel disconnected. From my friends. From sites I usually read. From stuff.

Other thoughts are about how I'm often more organized that I know and how twice recently, I've re-done something that I already did because I forgot that I did it in advance to save myself from having to do it. So, was it helpful in the end? Or am I just not remembering things because I'm too much in busy mode?

Occasionally I think about an ex or a guy or something here or there.

Recently, I've been thinking about the tv shows I'm currently catching up on and wondering if that, combined with the book I'm reading right now is why I've been having such intense dreams. I mean, really. A few nights now as I've turned out the lights, I've wanted to get back to the dream I remembered from the night before. Except, my dreams aren't a book. Or a series.

But wouldn't it be cool if they were?

And sometimes I wonder if I'm boring you.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Re: being too organized, that reminded me of something my mom did last year.

She goes to these clothing sample sales often to get clothes a season or two ahead of time and below market prices. Last summer (a year ago) she bought this winter jacket that she loved that was seriously cheap. But because it was summer, she put it away, intending to bring it out in the winter. And obviously forgot about it.

Then after the winter season was over, all the winter stuff in stores went on sale, and guess what! She found this gorgeous winter jacket on sale in the retail location and she snapped it up. But then it was spring so she put it away for the season.

It's just now starting to get cold and we're starting to think about breaking out the winter jackets. So my mom gets out her winter stuff and finds two of the same damn jacket that she thought was such a deal. Hehehe.

Ms Behaviour said...

I make lists. I put little boxes next to the things I have to do and check them off. I would be lost without my week-at-a-glance day planner.

Jonathan Beckett said...

You never bore me.

I too would love to go back to some dreams. I find it amazing that you can have a huge dream that seems to cover hours - then you wake with a start, and you've only been asleep a few minutes...

Great post btw.

Victoria said...

Laura, that's hilarious! LOL

EB, I like lists too. I just haven't found the time to make one recently! d'oh!

Thanks Jonathan. (Sometimes I bore myself, so it's good to know I'm not boring someone) ;)

The Single Girl said...

Never boring. Often insightful, sometimes humorous, Always engaging but never ever boring.

*hugs*

TSG

Victoria said...

Thanks TSG :)

*hugs*