Tuesday, 25 November 2008

No More Harshing my Mellow


It's been a bumpy couple of months around here (work wise) but I feel that with a few wise decisions on my part (the biggest one, to be honest, being "I will not complain about work and work situations") and a slight reduction in the amount of spy work coming my way in the next little while I feel like things are settling down. Mellowing out. Smoothing. Easing.

And it's a nice feeling.

I did find certain things that helped bring down my level of "Aaaaa!" -ness, and I'm wondering what you guys do when you need to de-stress. Do you eat better? Worse? Do you shop? Meditate? Go for a run? Call a friend? Watch a bad (ie. good) movie? Change your thinking? Move to another country?

How do you survive those bumpy work (or life) times?

9 Comments:

Blogger writer80 said...

A LONG hike. A run. A drive at night with a friend to a place where the lights aren't too bright to see the stars. Really any kind of getting outdoors in a non-city environment is the way to go.

Singing loudly and/or crying hard both work wonders too!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:42:00 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yoga, red wine, and a good cry!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:41:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Hmmm, two votes for good cries! :)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:22:00 pm  
Blogger Elusive Butterfly said...

Yoga and salad. And dancing in my living room in the dark :) I just did that ;)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:08:00 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

I think it depends on what caused the stress: I run in the rain, dance in the dark, long hot shower, eat a comfort meal - mac and cheese the real stuff, buy myself flowers and yes the cry. Sometimes I do all of the above at one time, sometimes it's one at a time...

But I wholeheartedly agree with the cry, it's the perfect form of catharsis.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:30:00 pm  
Blogger Tod said...

Chocolate.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 3:47:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Ooooh, good ideas y'all! :D

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:56:00 pm  
Blogger Yvonne said...

-walk in the woods or a stroll near the ocean, away from the crowds and chaos of the city
-aforementioned chocolate
-chai or hot cocoa
-a hot, scented bubble bath
-a hug from someone who cares

Monday, December 08, 2008 4:57:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

hugs are teh awesome!

Monday, December 08, 2008 5:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.