Monday 16 February 2009

My Best Valentine's Day Ever

I think that Saturday may just have been my best Valentine's Day ever!

The day itself was nice and mellow, sunny and beautiful.

In the evening I went to the gym and it was totally dead, which was nice because I could imagine everyone out having their Valentine's dates. Because there weren't many people there, I decided to go on to one of the treadmills with a tv after I'd finished my half an hour on the plain treadmill.

And here's where things got awesome! I got to see, on the tv treadmill, the ending of Reality Bites, which I remember at the time it came out, was what I thought romance was all about, what with the part where she runs off to fly out to see him but when the cab comes HE'S in the cab cuz he's flown out to see her and oh they love each other and ahhhhhh no more angst.

So as if that wasn't awesome enough, when that was over, I got to see the last fifteen minutes of Pretty in Pink which is when all the best stuff happens and even Duckie ends up with a hot girl and the end and yay! And it was just perfect.

Then I picked up some groceries, came home, had a nice bath, ate some yummy food, and went to bed in my freshly washed sheets.

All in all, probably my best Valentine's Day ever, it was really nice.

8 comments:

Esperanza said...

sounds a bit like mine ;)

*CHEERS to the singles*

Ms Behaviour said...

Dammit I wish I had read this earlier! This is exactly the kind of day I would have planned for myself today (it's a stat here in Ontariario) if I had the imagination to think of it. Hmph. Maybe next weekend!

Victoria said...

Cheers Esperanza! :)

EB, I wave my fist angrily in the general direction of my provincial government for not giving me a February Stat. Argh!
But, yes, plan yourself a mellow day for next weekend :D

Yvonne said...

That sounds like a great night!
I think I had my best V-Day ever as well. Went to Feast of Fools, an erotic V-Day carnival, with my platonic friend J and we had a blast. The event features a kissing booth, body-painting booth, bondage/suspension station and a spanking booth, among other things!
Who know that so many people like to spank and be spanked?! LOL
I was only brave enough to get a bit of body painting done but my date got spanked, tied up AND suspended. lol

Yvonne said...

P.S. I *so* love the ending of Pretty in Pink!

Victoria said...

Yvonne, that sounds wild! Fun!

And, isn't it the cutest? (Pretty in Pink, I mean) :)

Laurene said...

that sounds like a great valentine's day. :] this blog entry made me excited to get my own place.

Victoria said...

Yay! :)