Wednesday 18 February 2009

Nightline, With Angella D

On Angella's blog, Dutch Blitz, the other day, she answered five questions that had been asked, sort of like an interview. Then she offered to "interview" anyone else who wanted and I said, sure, that sounded like fun!

So, here are the questions Angella asked me and my answers.

1. Why do you blog and what got you started? (I always love to hear people's stories on this)
I'd been reading (and enjoying) blogs for a couple of years when I started to write blog posts in my head. I'd "hear" them in my head and then kind of chuckle to myself over them and then I found they'd just stick in my head and not go away. So after I'd written a couple (still in my head) I decided I may as well write them out in a blog and see what happened. Since I've always enjoyed blogs that had photos, and love taking photos myself, I decided to include photos every second day in my blog as well.
Why do I blog? Well, in part to get that inner dialogue out. In part to connect with other people. (Man, was I ever excited when I got my first comment) But, in part, I don't really know why I do it. It just works for me and I've found that when I say something that was hard for me to say and someone thanks me for saying that because it helped them in some way I feel really good. So, I guess in a way, I do it in the hopes that sharing my journey may just make someone's journey a little easier. *shrug*


2. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
There are so many places I still want to see. I want to see the Northern Lights, I want to see Greece and Africa (so many countries there to visit) and Asia and Brazil and India and everywhere. But if I could go anywhere right now to relax for a few weeks, I'd either go back to the Mayan Riviera or Maui. Ahhhhhhhhh. *dreamy sigh*
But, my short answer would be Africa. I've always wanted to go and learn and play traditional African music in Zimbabwe or South Africa.

3. What would your dream job/career be?
Hmmmm. I'm not sure I know a label that would fit. I would love to be paid to not have to do anything. That may sound like I want to be a lazy bum, but I just mean that I'd like to *not* have to be somewhere every morning and have a job that felt easy and relaxing and fun. I'm not entirely sure what that would look like or be. But, maybe something creative. Photography, painting, something that allowed me to just be and do and enjoy and relax while bringing in enough money to allow me to feel secure and comfortable. Know anyone who's hiring for that magic, un-named job? All that being said, I do enjoy what I'm doing now and think most days are pretty darn good. (Ask me again in a couple weeks when it's crunch/deadline time though and I may have a different answer for you. Heh.)

4. Will you ever post a photo of your face online?
The short answer? No.

5. What are your top five favorite songs?
I wasn't sure how to answer this, so I thought I'd let iTunes answer for me. I brought up my playlist and took at look at my top played songs, but I kept saying "that's not my favourite . . . that's not my favourite either!" So that didn't help much. With music, I usually have a few favourites of the time that change as the year or season or whatever (me?) changes.
But, bar none, my favourite music group is Led Zeppelin, so if I look at them as my favourite, and then try to pick my favourite songs of theirs, I'd be able to narrow it down to the following, so I hope that's a long way of eventually getting around to answering your question!

That's the Way
The Rain Song
Bron-Yr-Aur
Thank You
and (man this is hard)
Ten Years Gone

(and if you don't think I changed my mind on the last two a few gazillion times, you're wrong!)




So if you'd like me to "interview" you, let me know (and I'll try to figure out how to email you! ) Or, to switch things up a little, if you'd like to "interview" me, leave me your questions in the comments and I'll answer them in another post!

6 comments:

Angella said...

You had me at Mayan Riviera ;)

Victoria said...

Ahhhhh yes! (Thanks for the interview)

Victoria said...

I also think I may have intended to write more for the answer in #4, but apparently I didn't.

lexiloo said...

interesting...i am with you on the paid to do nothing job let me know!!!

lexiloo said...

oops, it was supposed to read-

let me know if you find it!

Victoria said...

Ok Lexi, we'll be partners in the paid to do nothing job world! :)