Monday 20 April 2009

Puffy


One of the things I love about this town is the cherry blossom trees that are all pink and fluffy and glorious right now.

I have my favourites, and if you live around here you might know what I mean when I say my favourites are the really big, puffy light pink ones. They're just so..... fluffy and awesome!

I don't have a photo from this Spring yet, mainly because I haven't taken the time to get out on the sunny days to take photos of the blossoms. Yet. But I hope to. Have a vague plan to. But I'm also admiring them so muchly that I almost don't want to take a photo.

But I'll see what I can do.

In completely unrelated news, as I was typing out this post, I realized that this photo is from a walk I took with Smith when he was visiting. It doesn't seem like it was two years ago, but, apparently it is.

So, there's that.

Now, excuse me while I go stare out my window at the cherry blossoms for a while.

6 comments:

Dominic said...

Cherry blossoms around here baffle me. They bloom way, way too early in the spring - pretty much in late winter - for there to be any kind of bee activity to pollinate them.

So what are they starting so early for?? Who's supposed to fertilise them?? Unusually-fluffy bumblebees??

Victoria said...

Winter jacket wearing bumblebees, maybe? ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I love Victoria in the spring.

Victoria said...

Does a "Victoria in the Spring" happy dance :D

Yvonne said...

I both love and dread them. Achoooo!

Victoria said...

D'oh!