Wednesday 27 May 2009

Soundtracked

It was kind of a hard weekend for me this weekend.

There were just a few things that all seemed to happen, or not happen, as the case may be and they all just sort of snuck up on me and then stood there and stared me in the face.

There was a family birthday I wasn't able to be a part of due to schedules and there was the realization and understanding that the person I thought I'd like to try being in a relationship with is not interested and there was the first time in ten years I haven't attended a particular event with some friends of mine and the truth the hurt from that surprised me greatly.

I found myself down on Dallas Road (our waterfront drive for you non-locals) staring at the water and the mountains and watching the boats, spinnakers flying and I listened to this song over and over and over.


Friday Night Lights Theme Song

I know I've used this song on here before. It was my Sunday soundtrack for a while and it reminded me that it's ok to feel sad or hurt or disappointed or let down, or all of the above, if the case may be.

I'm feeling better now. Not perfect, not back to 100%, that'll take a while, I'm guessing. But for now I'm better, and that's good.

7 comments:

The Last Single Girl said...

I'm sorry your weekend bummed out. Why couldn't you attend your special event with your friends? Hope this week goes better for you.

Dominic said...

Sounds like a really rubbish weekend! Glad you're cheering up a bit. Shame about the events you couldn't make it to.

And it's his loss!

Victoria said...

TLSG, they've got a new baby, so things aren't how they used to be, to put it mildly ;)

Dominic, I am cheering up, yay!
And, yes it is!

Ben said...

Sorry you had a rough weekend. I've certainly had my fill of that recently, and it's certainly no fun.

Glad you're getting back to yourself. Takes time to recover, but once you're there you're stronger for it.

dilling said...

yeah, when things come in one big bunch, it's hard to know where to put your energies, eh?
cheers, victoria...
we'd all go anywhere with you, if you wanted, ya know?

Yvonne said...

aw, I'm sorry you had a tough weekend. ;(
{hugs}
Feel free to giggle at myself and my friend, who had the misfortunate of encountering Overly Friendly Old Naked Guy near Albert Head beach. ;(

btw, are the new-baby friends also Luminara friends? If they bail on that, I would love for you to be my date! ;)

Victoria said...

Hope you're having fewer of those kinds of weekends Ben :)

Thanks, Dilling. *love*

S'better now, Yvonne, and I can't imagine encountering Overly Friendly Old Naked Guy, oh my!

And, they're not, but that's sweet of you! :D *hugs*