Saturday 11 July 2009

Helloooooooo


Well, hi! How are ya?

Hanging in there? Doing great? Somewhere in between?

I wouldn't say things are settling down around here exactly, but I'm hoping that I'm sitting here typing this means I've found some sort of flow that works.

Those of you who write blogs probably know the feeling of missing a few days or a week or so of writing and then how it can feel a little clunky to get back at it. I'm a little bit in that space at the moment, but it's either "sit down and hammer away at the keyboard and hope something half decent comes out" or "just keep not writing anything" and that's not much fun.

So, how to summarize my last week or two? Busy. Emotion-filled. OK.

I do have some holiday time coming to me and it's already looking like it's going to be busy. Fun, I'm sure, but busy.

My car accident recovery is coming along; it's a very slow but steady kind of thing at the moment and I'm working hard and not rushing ahead too fast. I'm heading into my fourth month away from the gym, and those of you who've been around here for a while know that that's a big change in my routine. I'm not sure what's harder; not having the regular routine and familiarity of the place, or not having the regular stress release of the excercise. The good news is that I've worked back up to 25 minutes of cardio and other than a few twinges if I push too hard or fast, I don't think my endurace has lost much. I'm tighter than I used to be, and no, not in a good way, more in a "less-flexible" kind of way so all in all, I'd like to get back to the gym and see how it all goes.

I've had some personal-type news in the last week that was unexpected and have been riding some waves of sad. One is a move by a family member to the Maritimes (where, no, I don't expect they'll run into Smith) and the other will take a bit of explaining if and when I get around to deciding to share about it.

Other than that, I finally saw Up! and Wall-E and cried, cried, cried at Seven Pounds, so I guess you could wag your collective finger at me for watching too many movies when I could have been writing posts, eh?

So, yeah. Here goes, getting the ball back rolling here, and trying not to notice that the days are getting ever so slightly shorter so please don't mention it, kay?

Kay.

Missed ya. Hope you had a great Canada Day/Independence Day/Regular non-North American Day.

*mwah*

(That's the noise a kiss makes. FYI)

7 comments:

Laura said...

Missed you V! Hope your recovery goes well and continues to improve.

Ms Behaviour said...

I like to use "moi" for kisses.

I LOVED Up! But I didn't really get Wall-E. Mostly I found the fat, immobile people really unsettling and the girl robot a little crazy. You know what I did like? Bolt. It was cute. Not as good as Up! but still worth seeing.

Victoria said...

I know what you mean about the fat people for sure! I forgot about Bolt though, maybe I should see that tonight! :)

*Moi* ;)

Dominic said...

Maybe you had to be European to 'get' the fat people in Wall-E..

O:o)

Welcome back, V!

Victoria said...

No, it's not that we non-Europeans are saying we didn't "get" them, I'm just saying they were disturbing, as they were intended to be!

:P

Yvonne said...

aw. {hugs}

Victoria said...

T'anks Y :)