Monday 20 July 2009

So. Cool!

You'll never guess what I just saw?

Well, ok, not, like "just" just, but, really it was so cool that it feels like I just saw it so you can forgive me, right? Right!

Because I saw them putting a house on a barge!

A house! On a barge! On the water! They put a house on the water! (With the barge inbetween)

I mean, as if it wasn't odd enough to be driving along and realize that there was a gigantic house IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! it was super cool to watch the process the guys went through to get it onto the barge.

I think I spent something like three hours just sitting there watching, it was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

Plus, the cute helper construction (wait, do you call them construction guys if they're not, actually, building something? Like, would he have been a totally differently named job?) guy was a nice bonus.

But, seriously. They put a whole, entire house onto a barge.

Dude.

3 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

Yeah that is cool! I call them operators but that's cuz I'm in the biz. I love me some heavy marine equipment :)

Dominic said...

Reminds me of when I was in France, in Nantes I think, and I saw the truly amazing sight of a submersible houseboat!

Houses on boats, what could possibly go wrong? :o)

Victoria said...

I hear ya Ms B! ;)

Dominic, all I can say to that photo is... Hmmmmmmm. heh