Monday, 20 July 2009

So. Cool!

You'll never guess what I just saw?

Well, ok, not, like "just" just, but, really it was so cool that it feels like I just saw it so you can forgive me, right? Right!

Because I saw them putting a house on a barge!

A house! On a barge! On the water! They put a house on the water! (With the barge inbetween)

I mean, as if it wasn't odd enough to be driving along and realize that there was a gigantic house IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! it was super cool to watch the process the guys went through to get it onto the barge.

I think I spent something like three hours just sitting there watching, it was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

Plus, the cute helper construction (wait, do you call them construction guys if they're not, actually, building something? Like, would he have been a totally differently named job?) guy was a nice bonus.

But, seriously. They put a whole, entire house onto a barge.

Dude.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Behaviour said...

Yeah that is cool! I call them operators but that's cuz I'm in the biz. I love me some heavy marine equipment :)

Monday, July 20, 2009 6:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Dominic said...

Reminds me of when I was in France, in Nantes I think, and I saw the truly amazing sight of a submersible houseboat!

Houses on boats, what could possibly go wrong? :o)

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:51:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

I hear ya Ms B! ;)

Dominic, all I can say to that photo is... Hmmmmmmm. heh

Monday, July 20, 2009 9:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.