Tuesday 18 August 2009

Unnecessary

I read this book recently where one of the main characters had had his brain altered so that he *had* to tell the truth. It was an interesting idea and got him into some trouble. (I mean, wouldn't it suck if you'd been kidnapped and the kidnappers asked you for the secret information and you couldn't not tell them?)

When I ran into my ex the other week, there was something I'd told myself I'd tell him if I ever saw him again.

But somehow, telling a married father of two that he was (to date) the best sex I've ever had didn't seem appropriate.

Well, seemed wildly inappropriate actually.

Which is too bad, really, because at the time, I didn't have enough experience to know. If I'd known, I'd have made sure he knew.

You know?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you can definitely still tell him. He's married, not dead. I think he would appreciate the knowledge.

I recently told a guy I had sex with 5 years ago that him literally ripping my clothes off of me was the hottest thing anyone's ever done to me.

PS... We now work together in the same office and he's living with his girlfriend of 5 years (they starting dating right after our hook up). Inappropriate to tell him? Probably. Do I give a fuck? Nope.

Dominic said...

Another vote here for "It's ok to tell him"

So long as you make it totally, utterly obvious that it's purely "FYI", that is - It could so easily be misunderstood and that *would* be awkward..

Ms Behaviour said...

I think you could preface it with, "I realize this is wildly inappropriate but thought you might like to know anyway..."

And then you could end it with, "meanwhile, I have since been having so much sex that I only just realized it".

The backhanded compliment should neutralize any suggestion of hitting on him ;)

Victoria said...

Tales, he might appreciate the knowledge, but his wife might not ;)
Heh.

Dominic, yeah, I'd hate for it to be misunderstood!

MsB, "meanwhile, I have since been having so much sex" LOL

Anonymous said...

I split with my ex a couple of years ago... and she was the best sex I've ever had by a country mile.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the breakup, I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than tell her. Ever.

Victoria said...

LOL!

Er. I mean, sorry about the nasty breakup. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, unfortunately great sex doesn't make up for numerous drunken arguments :-(

Back on topic, I think it would be totally inappropriate to tell this bloke considering he's now loved-up with wifey and kids. Some things I think you should just keep to yourself... ;-)

Victoria said...

Oh man, that's so true. *sigh*

And, yeah, I'll probably just keep it to myself :)