Friday 11 December 2009

Caught


I realized the other night that the fourth season of one of my favourite shows, Friday Night Lights, had started and I was able to catch up on a few episodes in a row.

I can't tell you how many times while watching those new episodes I found myself saying, out loud, "Man, I *love* this show." I really do love it and while I rarely make recommendations because I know not everyone shares my taste, I'm going to go ahead and recommend that show. It's good. Damn good.

Another thing I rarely rarely make a recommendation on is books, but once again, I'm going all out on a limb kinda thing here to tell you about these books I read. I plowed through these books. As in, would read a third of the book a night. As in, had to FORCE myself to stop reading them one night so I could sleep. And now that I've read the second book in the series, I'm already anticipating the August release of the final book in the trilogy.

So, knowing, once again, that my taste is not to everyone's ... uh, taste, I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed both "The Hunger Games" and its sequel "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins.

It's been a while since I've enjoyed, thought about, replayed in my head, wanted to re-read immediately after finishing, couldn't stop reading, raced through books like that.

I love getting caught up in good story telling.

I really do.

3 comments:

bre said...

Wait... Friday Night Lights Season 4 is running in Canada already? I had heard that it wasn't going to start until late Spring, early Summer 2010? I LOVE the show too, but thought it was only running in the US right now. Have I been missing it?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up on Friday Night Lights! I didn't realize season 4 had started. I'll enjoy getting caught up soon!

Victoria said...

Breanne, did I er, not mention that I'm not watching it on cable? I'm watching it via slightly suspicious internet methods. Ahem. So, no... you haven't been missing it. Please don't tell on me! ;)

Brad, see above ;)