Wednesday, 2 December 2009

'Til It's Gone


For the past few months (and the only reason I know this is that it correlates to me buying my car) there's this one light I stop at on my drive to work that's right in front of a coffee shop.

For whatever reason, one morning, I glanced over into the coffee shop and noticed an older gentleman sitting on a stool by the window, drinking from his red re-usable mug, reading his paper.

I smiled to myself, because he seemed cozy and happy, and I drove off to work.

The next morning, again, for whatever reason, when I stopped at that light, I glanced over again to see if he was there.

He was and I smiled and headed on my way.

Months I did this.

Months he was there.

And for all I know, had been there for months before I just happened, for whatever reason, to look over and see him there enjoying his morning ritual.

The reason I mention it now is that I hadn't really noticed I was doing this; looking out for my morning drive buddy, until I noticed him *not* being there a few days ago.

And now I find myself missing him, worrying about him, hoping he's ok.

It's funny the little things that become a part of your life without you even knowing. And the people that are a part of your day without them even knowing.

I wish someone else would start sitting in his seat if he's not going to be there, reading his paper, drinking from his red re-usable mug.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Behaviour said...

That's sad :( I hope he comes back soonly.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:44:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Me too :/

Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.