Wednesday 2 December 2009

'Til It's Gone


For the past few months (and the only reason I know this is that it correlates to me buying my car) there's this one light I stop at on my drive to work that's right in front of a coffee shop.

For whatever reason, one morning, I glanced over into the coffee shop and noticed an older gentleman sitting on a stool by the window, drinking from his red re-usable mug, reading his paper.

I smiled to myself, because he seemed cozy and happy, and I drove off to work.

The next morning, again, for whatever reason, when I stopped at that light, I glanced over again to see if he was there.

He was and I smiled and headed on my way.

Months I did this.

Months he was there.

And for all I know, had been there for months before I just happened, for whatever reason, to look over and see him there enjoying his morning ritual.

The reason I mention it now is that I hadn't really noticed I was doing this; looking out for my morning drive buddy, until I noticed him *not* being there a few days ago.

And now I find myself missing him, worrying about him, hoping he's ok.

It's funny the little things that become a part of your life without you even knowing. And the people that are a part of your day without them even knowing.

I wish someone else would start sitting in his seat if he's not going to be there, reading his paper, drinking from his red re-usable mug.

2 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

That's sad :( I hope he comes back soonly.

Victoria said...

Me too :/