Monday 11 January 2010

Now, Where Were We?

Ah yes. My cold.

On Thursday, Joel suggested I go get me some Ginger-Lemon-Echinacea juice, heat it up and have a nice hot bath before heading to bed early with fingers crossed for a feeling better morning.

I was feeling absolutely sick and miserable and was willing to overlook my dislike of both ginger and echinacea and try. So I did.

I also called in sick to spy work and slept and rested and rested and slept.

And then I repeated that pattern on Saturday and Sunday.

And do you know what?

It worked!

Well, I don't know what exactly worked, but I think the combination of resting and the healthy juice and the vitamin C and Cold-FX and my body's immune system finally waking up from its three week sleep all got together and kicked some cold virus butt.

I'm just so very glad to be feeling better. Three cheers for that!

So thanks Joel! Your juice isn't something I'd normally have bought and it may just have tipped the scales for my getting better. Woo hooo!

Have a great Monday y'all. I know I will.

Health rocks.

6 comments:

Joel said...

Wow, you were sick for three weeks?! Over Christmas… rough. Hey, glad your feeling better!

Victoria said...

I was! It really wasn't much fun.

But, yeah, feeling a lot better, yay! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Julie said...

feel better! just found your blog, and you're so funny! keep up the good health!

Victoria said...

Thanks Julie! And, welcome :D

Laurene said...

I have the cold with cough too. :\ I'll try what you did. This isn't the right time to be sick because I'll be busy in school until next week.

Victoria said...

Oh noes! I hope you didn't catch it through the internets from me! But yeah, for sure try Joel's magic juice. And good luck with school!