Tuesday 25 May 2010

Good


I had a good long weekend. It felt long and busy enough to make it feel like ages since I'd been at work but relaxing enough to feel like a break.

I slept in, which was super nice. Spent about two hours yesterday morning just hitting snooze over and over and over. It felt like the most indulgent thing.

I had an amazing brunch on Sunday and enjoyed a nice walk around downtown in the surprise sunshine, seeing all the visitors who were here for the parade or on a cruise ship or for the boat show or just because.

I went for a good long walk on Saturday, did about 7k of the 10k course. Listened to a Vinyl Cafe podcast while I walked, and why have I never thought of doing that before? (It was funny, walking along and laughing out loud to stories only I could hear.)

On Monday, (wait, was that yesterday?), I had a couple of things I wanted to buy downtown, so I got up (after the endless snooze hitting) and headed downtown. I figured I'd missed the parade, but I was happily proved wrong and got to see the last forty-five minutes worth or so.

(My favourite float was the Highlanders - our local, hunky, fit, cute soccer team. My favourite high school band was harder to call, I liked the ones that looked like they were all really having fun and the ones that played modern, fun music. Hmmm, there seems to be a "fun" theme going on with my band choices eh?)

One evening, maybe it was Friday, (as I said, the weekend felt long so the days are all kind of rolling together) I walked down and picked up a pizza from the place that is my new heaven since I've been allowed back on gluten and yesterday I got my first waffle cone of the season from Sweet Memories, so I feel like I got some good eating into the weekend as well.

Plus, good reading. (Oh, and I went a little book buying crazy which is one of my indulgences and sweet sweet delights.)

And, of course, I watched some really good tv.

There was Grey's Anatomy that had me sobbing on Friday, and then Lost that had me sobbing all over again on Sunday. I'm maybe a bit closer to the sobbing threshold these days than usual, or maybe both finales were hyper emotional, I don't know. I won't talk about them here because there's nothing worse than being a few days behind people on the tv watching schedule and finding out things you didn't want to know on line by accident.

I also got to do my groceries and hang out with C-dawg and celebrate a birthday and take some good pictures.

So, as you can see, er, read, I had a really good Victoria Day long weekend.

Hope you did too.

5 comments:

Charles said...

weekends rule. but what is "victoria day"?

Likalia said...

I read the same book as you over the weekend. I loved sitting down and just going cover to cover knowing I had no other obligations and lots more time over the weekend to do things. :)

Glad you had a lovely long weekend.

Victoria said...

Likalia, I LOVE me some Sookie stories and I hope the series just keeps going because I don't want it to ever end! :)

Charles, weekends totally rule, especially those celebrating Queens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Day

Kas said...

We have Memorial Day here in the US coming up this weekend. I am so totally stoked to know that I can sleep in, read, take care of household chores (or not!) on MY time table, cook or not... It will be ALL ABOUT ME! My husband will be working on the son's truck, so I will have it all to my self> YaY Me!!

Victoria said...

Excellent Kas! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! :)