Saturday, 26 June 2010

Anyone Want Some Mayo?


There is a really weird thing going on with me and 2010.

I can't seem to keep it in my mind that we're IN the year 2010 and I seem to keep on thinking that 2010 was last year.

Case in point: I found a jar of mayo in my fridge and glanced at the expiry date. "Dec 2010" it read.

"Awww nuts," I thought "I must have bought this a while ago and forgot. I can't believe I've had it in my fridge expired since December."

And I took it out of the fridge and was just about to wash it out for recycling when something in my brain went "WAIT!"

So I paused and left it in the fridge, reminding myself to buy some more at the store.

Which I did.

And when I glanced at the one I'd just bought in the store it said "Dec 2010" and I thought "Man! What kind of lousy luck am I having with constantly buying expired. . . . hey, wait a second. . ."

Yes, my friends. December of this year hasn't happened yet.

Just in case you were wondering.

It's really bizarre.

Also, not the first time it's happened this year.

2010 and I don't seem to be based in the same reality or something.

How bizarre, how bizarre.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mademoiselle Hautemess said...

I do this ALL the time! I went directly from signing checks 2009 until like march to suddenly believing that it is already 2011.

AND- I wanted to give you an award that I received...sort of a chain letter of awards, I suppose. I hope this award leads to other people discovering your amazing blog!

Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:12:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

So glad I'm not the only one!

And thanks! :D *blush*

Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:57:00 am  
Anonymous Jonathan said...

I'm Mr "throw everything over-date away" - which drives my other half nuts.

Somehow there's something nice about being absent minded - it means you're thinking about things that are worth thinking about, rather than all the other crap that surrounds us.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:58:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

But I don't even know what it is I'm thinking about when I'm not thinking! lol

Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:01:00 am  
Blogger cupcakemasta said...

I SWEAR I did not copy any content...great minds must think alike since my most recent post is quite similar, but more heartbroken. http://cookinforme.blogspot.com/2010/06/2010-waslast-year.html

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:54:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

That is too funny! (I'm also relieved!)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.