Monday 14 June 2010

What's That Sound You Hear?

Well, that's the sound of me singing the "Hallelujah" song.

You know, the happy woo hoo Hallelujah one that one sings to celebrate happy things? (I'm not the only one who does that right? Right?)

Yeah, that's the sound you hear because I'm celebrating the fact that the worst thing that happened to me this weekend is the blister I have between my big toe because I was wearing my flip flops in the deliciously gorgeous weather while I walked around downtown looking at cute sailors who were in town for the Navy's 100th anniversary celebration.

So, so nice to have a happy, relaxing but fun, sunny weekend. Just what the doctor* ordered.

Haaaaaallelujah! Haaaaaaallelujah! Hallelujah, hallelujah, halleeeeeelujah!


*By "doctor", I mean me.

7 comments:

Dominic said...

Good for you!

Victoria said...

:)

Charles said...

you know... sailors are notorious for having a specific set of diseases that are transmitted in a certain specific way....

also: i'm told that many of them are of an "alternative lifestyle", if you catch my meaning...

but you're right.. i'm sure they were scrumptious.

Victoria said...

Like, malaria?

(Actually, I really only saw one scrumptious one. Other than that, it was just fun people watching in general.)

Charles said...

er...um... yes, malaria *cough cough*

and only ONE scrumptious one?!? shame on them for not being hotter....

Dominic said...

Diseases specific to sailors? Must be talking about scurvy!

Victoria said...

I know Charles, it was something of a letdown.

True Dominic, very true. Arrrrrr.