Monday 5 July 2010

Long Live Long Weekends!


I hope all you North Americans enjoyed your "Birthday" week and weekend with Canada Day and Independence Day and Good Lord I Love Long Weekends Day, I know I did.

I was rather giddy with the extra days off and man oh man did it ever come right at the right time.

It may disappoint you to know that since I was so drained from the last few weeks of spy work and that silly cold that I actually went to bed at 9:30 one of these nights, so I won't tell you that. I will, however, tell you that if I *had* gone to bed at 9:30, I wouldn't have actually gone to sleep until 1 that night because I got to the mid-point of the book I'd been reading and all of a sudden it was un-put-downable and so my plan to go to bed early and get all my energy and health back was sidetracked by wanting to know what-would-happen-next-already!

But the fact that I *could* stay up until 1 reading and not worry about having to get up for work the next day was awesome and have I mentioned again how much I love long weekends?

So I hope you enjoyed your Canada Day or your Independence Day or your "I live elsewhere but still had a good weekend" Day and I hope you ate as many sweets as I did and I hope you got to take in some good live, free music and happy crowds and sunshine and general relaxation-ness.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I dream about long weekends... until they arrive, and I realise I have to - you know - DO stuff... lol

Victoria said...

Le sigh ;)