Monday 16 August 2010

Joy


There was a wedding this weekend.

And I was part of it.

It was amazing. And beautiful. And perfect. And fun. And awesome. It was epic.

It really was.

I have so so many stories in my head, so many scenes I'm replaying. Smiling at again, laughing at again, crying at again, working through again.

Some of these stories will just stay in my head and some of them may end up here. I hope some of them end up here. I know at least one will.

But being a bridesmaid was an experience I'll remember and cherish forever and I'm still trying to find the words to tell my friend how thankful I am she loved, trusted and cared for me enough to want me to be such a special part of her day.

Now that the weekend is over and my worries, concerns and duties are over and I'm home and back it's all starting to settle in and I'm still smiling over it all. All of it. Even the parts that were challenging for me at the time. And maybe that's why a wedding is such a wonderful thing; because it is a perfect example of how perfect things may not be entirely "perfect." And how the overall is what you remember, not the nitty gritty, not the rest. Just the awesome, amazing, wonderful, joyfulness of it all.

I feel like I gained another family this weekend. And like I'm part of a whole other group of extended friends and sisters by proxy.

I'm so in love with this weekend I don't even know where to begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bridesmaids are true martyrs for wearing dresses that are often only wearable once. Hope that you caught the bouquet.

Victoria said...

That's probably usually true, but our dresses were actually very pretty! I didn't catch the bouquet, though :)

Likalia said...

There seemed to be a few weddings in proximity to that view this weekend. :) I wonder if you were attending the same one as one of my co-workers was.

Glad you had a nice time. :)

Victoria said...

I know there were at least two weddings there this weekend! Wouldn't that be hilarious/cool/weird if it was the same wedding? (I know there were some locals there, so it's totally possible!)

I had a great time :D