Tuesday 14 September 2010

Brrrr

It's suddenly Fall.

Which shouldn't be a big surprise seeing as we're halfway through September and a week away from the official start of Fall, but this year it's been such a sudden change.

Usually September here is quite mild. Sometimes it's even downright toasty, and occasionally the first couple of weeks of September are warmer than the first couple of weeks of August. Or so it seems.

But a couple of weeks ago things changed overnight.

No, literally overnight.

One day I was sweating in shorts and the lightest top I could find and the next day I was wishing I had another sweater.

I've had to put a blanket on top of my quilt on my bed and instead of wandering around my apartment in barely anything, I've got two layers on, and a cozy blankie on my couch.

It's been such a sudden change, this fall. We've had rain and it's been dreary and the one or two sunny days we've had have been chilly. Summer done gone ran away and fast.

I dunno, it just seems that it's usually a gradual switch here from Summer to Fall and this year it was like someone just flipped the switch instead of using the dimmer.

There's a blanket on my bed, I'm wearing at least two layers and I can't wear my flip flops anymore.

Autumn's here.



Autumn's Here

2 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

It always surprises me how different the weather changes from Vic to the Mainland.

I"m wearing capri's and flip flops today, reports of highs in the low 20's.

But you're right, its going to switch overnight. My warebrobe is not prepared for the fall. There are boots and jackets yet to buy etc...

Victoria said...

It's funny you should say that because this morning starting out super foggy and chilly and by the time I was heading home from work it was sunny and warm :)