Saturday 25 September 2010

FYI


I updated my on line dating site profile.

I don't know why I did this. Especially since the profile's hidden and I haven't been on the site since DD showed up and freaked me out.

Maybe I'm hoping that there will be some sort of miracle with the site and the most perfect man in the universe will show up and the scary/odd/downright awful men I keep getting "matched" with will all fade away and I won't have to keep looking at shots of guys with their shirts off and biceps bulgingly tattooed.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, but man, spend an afternoon searching on this site and you start to wonder if there are any nice, normal, kind men on them at all. And then the crotchety bitter part of you grumbles "of course not, they're all married you dolt.")

So yeah.

Not really sure what I was thinking.

8 comments:

Dominic said...

*I've* got a profile on a couple of dating sites.. Make of that what you will ;)

Victoria said...

Well, I do think there are nice guys (like yourself) on these sites, but after a while of going through looking and only finding crazy ones I give up.

Esperanza said...

Better to have tried and failed(dating sites) than to have never tried at all (like me) hehe

Victoria said...

Heh. True enough! ;)

Jonathan said...

You do realise the next time I walk down the street, I'll be looking at single guys, wondering if every inch of their body under their clothes is covered with tattoos :)

Victoria said...

Lol!

Trisha Carter, Gone Green said...

I once had a profile in one dating site but I had to remove it when I got married. I never found anything good there though. I met my husband in a business function.

Victoria said...

I keep hearing stories of people it worked for, but I know it doesn't work for all of us :)