Thursday 30 September 2010

I Need To Say This


Y'all, I miss C-Dawg.

Like, a lot.

I mean, I email her a gazillion times a day and we talk on the phone when we can but I still miss her.

We used to talk on the phone every day, or, on rare occasions, every other day.

Now, what with the four hour time difference, by the time I'm home, she's often already in bed. (C-Dawg and I are both early-to-bed-ers, yet another reason we're awesome as friends. We go out together and are quite happy to be home, asleep in bed by 11!) So we don't get to talk every day anymore. And we don't even get to talk every second day anymore either.

I used to randomly go over to C-Dawg's house, maybe for dinner, maybe for ice cream. Maybe just to watch some stupidly bad tv show and talk. Don't get to do that anymore. Not even a little.

We've Skyped once since she's moved, but I found it so hard seeing that I haven't tried to Skype her again. Plus, she's trying to make her life there, so it's not as if she's sitting at home waiting for me to call. She's out living her life there just like I'm out living my life here. It's just that our lives used to be here and us being out living our lives meant a lot of times we were together.

I want her to be happy there and I want her to settle and be comfortable and make friends and live a wonderful life, I do.

But more than anything I want her to come home. Forever. To stay.

There's a tv show called Grey's Anatomy that I watch and two of the main characters on the show are best friends.

On last week's episode as one of them was getting married, the other said to her "My husband may be the love of my life but you're my soul mate."

I'd never heard it put like that before but I knew exactly what she meant and I feel like a part of my soul and a part of the joy I got out of living here up and left and I'm missing it terribly.

I miss her every day and I'm lonely. Lonelier.

Much much lonelier than when she was here.

And I wish she'd move back.

Tomorrow.

To stay.

5 comments:

Canadianbloggergirl said...

I have a friend like you C-Dawg

we also have a Grey's Anatomy saying

we're each other's person.

Hang in there!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

nicole d. said...

Have you considered moving too? I did not realize she moved so far away.

Victoria said...

Each other's person, totally CBG. :)

I did consider it Nicole, but my work and family is here. It'd be a whole new life. :(

Kas said...

This, too, will be ok...




~Kas

Victoria said...

Thanks Kas