Saturday 16 October 2010

Edge

Do you ever get the feeling like you're right on the edge of something? Like, something's almost here or almost going to change or flip or slide or I don't know just something?

I think I have an idea where this something is coming from in this particular case and I could be totally wrong, but maybe not.

I was flipping through online profiles a couple of weeks ago and I came across someone interesting. Interesting enough that I asked a few people if they knew who he was and someone did.

And that someone told me they knew him pretty well and had thought of us together at one point but then decided no, it wouldn't work. I told them I'd already messaged him and they told me not to expect an answer any time soon because he was out of town for the next few weeks.

Which means he's back soon.

Which could mean nothing.

Or could mean he'll answer my message and we'll see.

And maybe when we see things will work out so we'll meet and hit it off.

Or not.

So maybe it's just the anticipation of waiting and the relief of knowing someone who knows him and can therefore vouch for his good-guy status but I do feel, right now, like I'm on the edge of something that's about to happen. Something I can't predict or control.

And it's a little bit scary. No, not quite scary. Just, wobbly. Less than secure.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

If your blog was made into a movie, it would be a huge hit... just sayin'

Victoria said...

And then I'd be super rich and living the high life! ;)