Wednesday 20 October 2010

Wrapping Up


It feels like the weather keeps giving me things to talk about and write about these days but it's really Fall now.

How do I know this?

Well, it's still been beautiful and I'm still not needing my jacket by mid-day, but all of a sudden, I've needed a second blanket on my bed at night. I've turned on the radiator in my living room. And if that weren't enough, I can see my breath in the morning.

And there was frost on the ground this weekend. (Don't ask me why I was up early enough to discover this, I'm still not sure myself.)

I don't mind the chill. I love being able to have a hot shower after a cold walk (or run!) outside. I love throwing on a scarf and feeling protected against the morning briskness.

I love sliding into a cold bed and shivering just a little while waiting for it to warm up with my body heat.

It just seemed to happen very suddenly this year. Like, one morning it was normal and the next morning my breath was foggy. One afternoon I went for my usual walk and realized I'd be much cozier with a toque.

Seasons have shifted. It's really Fall.

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Vancouver skipped Fall too. Summer, spring, summer, spring, WINTER.

I"m not prepared for winter to arrive. I still have cute boots, scarfs, hats and jackets to buy!!!

Victoria said...

That totally just made me giggle! :)

Just Sayin... said...

:)

Jonathan said...

There was a clear sky last night, and I didn't really think too much about that - then this morning the leaves were falling like rain all around...

I took some photos on the way into work, and completely forgot to upload them - thanks for reminding me!

(p.s. it's bloody freezing outside!)

Victoria said...

Back at cha J.S. :)

I never think about clear nights in Fall, Jonathan, until I remember, oh yeah, that means cold! Our leaves are gamely hanging on. First windstorm of the season will take care of that! (PS Hopefully it warmed up!) ;)