Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Again

I still remember the last time I read a book that made me cry so much my pillow got soaked.

Fast forward nearly two years to last week when I finished Feed by Mira Grant, a book Sundry mentioned a while back.

I enjoyed the book, it was a good read and only gave me mild zombie nightmares. (I say that with some tongue in cheek as it was actually her more recent recommendation of a zombie based tv show that gave me the nightmares and no I'm not linking to it because I a) had to stop watching the pilot mid way through because I was so freaked out and b) only was able to watch the second episode by reading the episode recap first so I knew what was happening before it happened.)

But the ending and the loss at the end of the book left me bawling.

I won't say anything more except that if you like post-apocalyptic type books and/or zombie apocalyptic stories Feed is a good one.

You just might want tissues if you're as big a softy as I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger "Just Sayin....." said...

I strongly recommend the following.

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

It will be the fastest 600 pages you ever read. Although the ending is disappointing, it's not a waste of time.

I tend to read before I go to bed, and spent hours a night reading this book. Finished it in a few days. :)

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:55:00 am  
Blogger TL said...

Weird, my blog post is about books today too. I have not read that one, but will add it to my to-read list.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:29:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

I read before bed too JS and if that's a good one I'll give it a try! :)

Books all round TL! ;)

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.