Thursday 7 April 2011

More Randomness


Ok. I have a couple of random house questions for you.

Why would a chair/couch start suddenly squeaking? Is it the change of weather? Did it suddenly get old? Am I suddenly four hundred pounds heavier? Did I move it in such a way it's all uneven? And it's not a little squeak, it's more of a groan, actually.

About how long should it be taking for my cordless phone to be charging? I got a new one in December and I swear it takes half a day to charge. Which seems weird, because my old one, which I replaced because I thought it wasn't holding a charge for long enough only took a couple of hours to become fully charged.

How can I stop my boiled eggs from being so smelly? I boil a few to eat during the week and every time I open my fridge it's mega stinky. I don't like it. Yuck.

Whenever I try to repot my indoor plants I tend to kill them, so I haven't repotted any since I moved in here, but I have a couple that I feel like they're outgrowing their current homes. Should I do anything or just let them be? Also, talking about this I feel guilty, like I'm keeping animals in zoos or something. I feel like I should let my poor plants free, to let them live out in the wild like free plants!

Born freeeeeeee!

9 comments:

Epiphany said...

LMAO! You're full of questions today! I can only answer one for you - plants. I inherited a fairly decent green thumb and what I don't know I ask the grand wizard of all things nature, my Mother. So, if your plants are not surviving a couple of things are happening...

A. while the soil should be pressed down in the pot, you could be doing it too hard and the roots are struggling.

B. You HAVE TO WATER IT! LOL Sometimes, indoor plants dry out super fast and you have to keep an eye on them after initially repotting, then get on a weekly water schedule.

C. If all else fails, add some Miracle Grow to the water.

Hope that helps!

xoxo

e said...

I can help with Number 1!

Over time, the screws in the chair start getting loose. Has nothing to do with your weight haha. Maybe the weather, a little...squeaky chairs have character anyways. You could try to tighten the screwd I guess.

Just Sayin... said...

LMAO!

I have no answers to your questions, but I love how your mind thinks of this stuff. Glad we're not alone. lol

Hope you get the answers.

Single and Picky said...

I don't know about the phone or the couch, though the answer above sounds about right.

As to the plants, I find mine are happier post replanting - so thinking about that I would say, make sure you have good indoor potting soil and your firm but gentle with their roots. A good water and yes some miracle grow and you should be doing fine. If not find a friend who's a green thumb to do it

Maplemusketeer said...

Of course tooo much water will make the rot/mold/be unhappy ;)

But stretching those legs/roots sure does feel good! lol :D :D

When I have plant questions.. my mom is my go-to person as well.

Also.. your request has been taken care of. Story of Valentine's Day Shark Touching now on my blog ;)

Sophie said...

Ha Ha Ha : )

Sounds like your mind works as random as mine does! Most the time I come out with 'special' questions, it is good to ask!

Hope you find your answers!

Soph

Victoria said...

Hmmmm, I do all those things, Epiphany so maybe I'm pushing on the soil too hard... thanks!


Excellent, e! Thanks :D

Oh, my mind's all a crazy JS! ;)


I'm just nervous to kill them when they seem to be doing just dandy as is SnP! :)


I've killed me a few with too much water for sure Jordan. And, oh my gosh, now it's a Valentine's Day shark too? Woah!


Random can be fun Soph! Especially when the interwebs have the answers, yay! ;)

Kas said...

I know an answer to the Phone!!

When you buy a new phone, plug it in to fully charge the battery, but DO NOT connect to the 'service' cord (phone line). Let it charge for at least 24 hrs adn THEN connect to phone line.

For some reason, if don't, the fullest charge you'll get will be from when you plug it in til when you push on.... I heard this somewhere, so that's what I do and I've had phones that will last more than a day before needing to be charged.

See if that works for you!

Victoria said...

Good tip Kas, thanks! :)