Thursday 28 April 2011

Priorities

Most of the good C-Dawg stories I have are getting written down elsewhere, but this is so very typical of the awesome things she says and how they make me laugh.

So rough weekend, yeah? For C-Dawg and I both, but for very different reasons, so we'd planned to have a big Easter dinner at her parents' place but sickness and babies and plans changed and the two of us ended up heading out to the most delicious pizza place in town instead.

We got seated at the bar which allows you to watch the pizzas being made right in front of you, by hand, before they're slid into the brick oven and cooked to perfection and melty cheese heaven.

C-Dawg and I were very happy to be sat there as the pizza chefs on this particular night were all handsome young men.

(Plus, it's actually very interesting to watch)

By the end of the evening, I was practically drooling over one of the chefs and as C-Dawg and I left I lamented the fact that since I figured he was a good few years younger than me it would never work out.

I told her that it bummed me out because when I was a good few years younger I wouldn't have had the guts to go for it or even flirt with him but now that I'm closer to having the guts to flirt or heck, even ask him out, I'm embarrassed to because I feel the age difference (whether real or imagined) would just make it weird.

C-Dawg told me that it didn't matter anyway, because I could just go home and use this hot young guy as fodder for a happy bedtime story (if you read between the lines at what she was not so delicately getting at.) And I told her that no, because it would just make me sad to realize that I'm too old for such a pretty young thing.

C-Dawg, always practical in these matters, turned to me and said "Well, at least get off and then be sad.*"

It's good to have a friend who's got her priorities sorted out.







*Not that you asked, but no I didn't. Just wanted to be clear.

4 comments:

Bridget Abroad said...

Next time, do it! Life is too short!
My best liaisons have been with younger men- if they like you, what is the problem?
Nice blog btw!!

Victoria said...

Fair enough Bridget ;)

And thanks! :)

Claus said...

I had a female friend that exclusively dated younger men. This is many years ago and long before I heard the label placed on women like that. Based on what little I know about the term, it didn't fit her as she liked actually dating and teaching. She said it was satisfying and fun all at the same time. She was considerably older (yes they were of legal drinking age) than they were but still, if you want to get to know them, why not? Don't let some social, implied mores stop what you want to do and prevent you from enjoying your life.

Live it your way.

She married a man close to her own age a few years back, but she very much enjoyed the road to her current life and she is immensely happy now.

And I'm with Bridget, next time do it. You don't have to admit it to us, we shouldn't care.

Victoria said...

Thanks Claus :)