Friday 20 May 2011

Why I Call It Home

We've had some beautiful sunny days here and I've found myself, as I'm driving home, stunned by the beauty of living here.

There are a few parts of my drive where I get to see fresh green Spring trees framing a blue sky and a snow-capped mountain range in the distance and I just can't get over how gorgeous it is.

If you've never been to Victoria before, I highly recommend this time of year.

Things are turning green again and the blossoms are littering the streets and occasionally making pink snowstorms in the breeze.

There are flowers everywhere and people are out in their shorts and the birds are singing and my parents even had a baby fawn born just outside their back window today.

Really.

I love living here, I really do. And it's weeks like this that remind me of why.

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Pink snowstorms in the breeze... love it. I love Dallas Rd anytime of the year.

For all the same reasons you listed is why I love living on the mainland. I can see Mt. Baker and the Valley Mountains from my living room!

Plus any mountain and/or water source is less than an hours drive from anywhere in the city, AND no matter what direction you face from anywhere on the mainland, you can see mountains. :)

I love driving around Vic, its one of my favourite things to do while I"m there... or taking the water taxi tours all day. (buy the packeage,way way cheaper)

We live somewhere special for sure and I do not believe that it's lost on anyone, just how lucky we are to live where we do.

Pink snowstorms in the breeze = bliss.

Unknown said...

One time I was walking down Princess rd. and it was snowing pink petals! The entire little street, and really thick. It was very cool! Unfortunately I had no camera or no one to witness it with me. But that almost made it better... :)

Victoria said...

I grew up on the mainland JS so I think that's why it all feels like such a part of me! Ahhhhhhh :)

I can totally picture that Heather! Gorgeous!

The Ex Student said...

Long walks around Elk Lake in the summer when the lake has been heating up all day, then in the evening it radiates the heat with this almost tropical breeze :) OR Dallas road followed by ice cream at the Beacon Hill Drive in!! Ahhh these are the things I love about Victoria!

Victoria said...

Oooooh, warm Elk Lake breezes, totally! :)