Tuesday 20 September 2011

Better

Local Colour by foundimagination
I had another date this weekend.

Not a repeat, but another new guy. (I know, right?)

After my last couple of "meh" dates, I wasn't expecting much but still had that frustrating nervous thing going on. We'd been messaging each other for a couple of weeks and he seemed nice so we decided to meet and go for a walk to the beach. (It's totally my comfort zone date, especially in nice weather.)

I liked him.

We got along and he was nice and we had a lot to talk about. It was, I think, the longest first date I've been on through the online thing. Usually I only last about an hour and a half before I'm tired and ready to go home.

I think we sat there talking about whatever for close to three hours and we probably would have kept going if it hadn't started getting chilly.

So it was good. Much better than my last two dates in terms of attraction and chemistry.

I'd like to see him again.

But I'm being cautious and not getting all...whatever about it, because you never know. Of all the guys I've gone on a date with from online, Chad's the only one where we dated more than once. (Ok, well, technically there was that guy who asked me out again a month later after he stopped seeing the girl he "chose" over me.) So I guess I'm used to not expecting to hear from the guy again because it seems to be easier for them to do that online.... or something.

But anyway, this isn't a wah wah post (like yesterday, whoops!) just... I went on a date, it was good, I'd like to go on another.

(And I'm trying not to get too excited, but of course we all know I am, but still.)

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Yay! I, on the other hand, can't just make myself get back into the dating scene. I feel a bit like "Good Luck Chuck". I start hanging out with a guy. We have fun. He tells me I'm an awesome girl. He disappears. I find out he's dating someone. This has happened twice in a row. Oi.

I do hope this works out for you!!! :)

Victoria said...

Oh...the disappearing guy... I know him well ;) Good luck to you too Kimmie!

The Fearless Flirt said...

I'm going through similar experiences in the dating world, too. Sometimes it can be amazing, and other times SO frustrating!!

Victoria said...

True dat! :)