Friday, 2 March 2012

Broken

Maybe it's just how life is, but over the last year, three separate blogs I've been reading for years have revealed that their marriage is ending.

It's a funny thing, to love a couple you don't even know, and to know that you don't really know their relationship but to still be saddened that it's over.

One of my fears as a child was that I would "grow up and marry someone who would divorce me." Really.

So I think reading stories of people who were married, and happily so, inspired me.

And hearing that they weren't so happily married underneath it all, is sad.

I know the balance of personal to blog is delicate and I know for myself, there's a lot that I keep private, but I often find myself looking back over these blogs' archives for hints of what was going wrong, where they were struggling.

I suppose it's hard to say you're not happy in your marriage in a public forum where everyone, including your spouse can read it and I suppose these women just wanted to keep things private until it was either fixed, or clearly un-fixable. I don't know.

It's just sad, no matter how it happened.

And it's an unusual experience to be sad for a stranger and for a relationship you admired and enjoyed from afar.

I wish good things didn't have to end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Single and Picky said...

Not that I think you admired our relationship because we both didn't blog a lot about it - but I wanted you to know Chris (TOITB) and I still dearly love and support each other even though we did break up back in September due to schedule issue (being in grad school and dating a resident is no functional) and I'm so thankful to you because you were the facilitator to that. I agree I wish good things didn't have to end, and sometimes we let them go too quickly but there are still good things out there.

Friday, March 02, 2012 2:52:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Awww hugs...

Friday, March 02, 2012 6:41:00 pm  
Blogger Allan R E said...

You clearly have a great deal of compassion and romance in you...

Friday, March 02, 2012 11:56:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks :)

Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.