Thursday 7 June 2012

And Jupiter Aligns With Mars

My Mom called me at the end of the work day Tuesday and told me that she and my Dad had just been to a local viewing point and because the day had become clearer-skied, they'd been able to see Venus begin its transit across the sun.

I managed to get myself to the spot and was happy to see a fairly large group, young and old, waiting to use the differing telescopes that had been set up for viewing.

And, yes, I did in fact get a chance to see Venus, this tiny tiny little dot of a thing, hanging out in front of the sun; this massive burning globe of a thing.

And I got to see sunspots too, and I'm really glad I went up to take a look because the whole thing was pretty cool.

It felt important; portentous somehow. A sign of great, positive things to come.

And of course, me being me, I couldn't help singing this for the rest of the day and fell in love with it all over again...


Hair- Aquarius

No comments: