Monday 18 June 2012

To The Dorkhead From The Barbeque

In Your Favour by foundimagination
Dear Sir,
I don't know if you noticed, but you were cute and I am cute and we were the only two single people there and so really it would have been a nifty idea for you to come talk to me at some point.

And if you weren't able to do that, which, somehow it seems you weren't, you could have used the few times I got up the guts/nerve to say something to you to continue the conversation.

I know, in general, I'm to take your behaviour as a sign that you're not interested, and yes, I did get that, thank you very much, but it was frustrating to have my friends telling me to "talk to him!" when I was doing the best I could and that's saying a lot for my dorky self.

Because while I was able to talk to the other people, you were cute and so I couldn't just saunter up and chat with you.

Plus, we both seemed a little wall-flowerish and so it was hard for me to come out of my corner to go talk to you in your space.

But, yeah. I was kind of annoyed for no particularly good reason except that your eyes were smiley and I thought you were cute and god-damnit why isn't anything easy anymore because I feel like if we were both nineteen we'd have been making out by the end of the night or something.

Yours,
Victoria (you know, the one you didn't talk to all night?)

3 comments:

Dominic said...

On an unrelated note: "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" - WTF?!?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until you meet your husband!!!

Victoria said...

It had the potential to be good Dominic. I mean, it's a movie now and everything, but I found it a bit dreary. Not a big history buff, but apparently it was quite accurate to that time so... um... yeah. (It was bought on a whim)

Well that's sweet of you to say Anon. I'm starting to wonder if it might not be this lifetime!