Monday 30 July 2012

Huh. Go Figure

I just had a remembrance of my University days exploded.

Well, ok "exploded" is a little dramatic, but still.

I was wandering through London Drugs and found a row of those "bowl of noodle soup" things? Now, I used to love them. Thought they were the easiest, tastiest meal ever. So simple! Boil water, empty into fake bowl, mix with provided seasoning, done!

I decided to go back in time a bit and have one for dinner, so I found one that didn't contain MSG (the main reason I stopped eating them I think... MSG tends to give me a headache) and boiled me up some water.

I was so looking forward to having the thing for dinner but as I started slurping up the noodles I realized there was no nutritional value to the thing at all.

Like, I was eating, but I wasn't getting any less hungry.

It was all just empty calories. No protein. Nothing particularly filling or good for me.

*Sad face*

I swear, I used to be full after eating one of those things.

Maybe I was eating better back then and didn't notice? Or maybe I'm eating better now and do?

Oh well, at least I'm not nostalgic for Mr Noodles any more.

No comments: