Thursday 9 August 2012

And The Confusing

I've been worried about a lot of things these last few weeks, some bigger than others, of course, but all still muddling around in my mind in an unhappy sort of way.

Exhibit one: My camera started not focussing properly so after very helpful emails with Canon Canada, I sent it off (holy smokes UPS is expensive) and waited for them to fix it.

Except they didn't.

Which frustrates me to no end.

They had me try a number of things and when they didn't help, they told me to send it to them and I was happy to do so. Then they contacted me after they received it to tell me they couldn't replicate the problem (which is SO unfair as both myself and the guy at the store I bought it at could make the problem happen and I explained to them when/how it happens) and then they said it was the lens and they'd repair or replace that and then they said they still couldn't replicate (duplicate, whatever) the problem and so they were sending the lens and camera back un-fixed at no charge.

Because nothing was wrong.

Except something is.

Argh.

So, I was hoping to just take the worry of "broken camera, should I buy a new one? Do I trust a local repair shop?" away and just have it fixed.

And now it's going to come back to me un-fixed and I don't know what to do.

So that worry didn't get lessened any.

And of course, I think we were kind of hoping that Dad having to call 911, as per cardiologist's orders would get his surgery rushed through, but it didn't and so that didn't clear up any worries there either.

Two un-relieved worries, one to go.

My health.

It's a whole separate post, really, but to summarize, my bloodwork was off and so I had another set to see if things were really out of whack and they are but not enough to explain anything, so that was upsetting, because if things had been fully weird, we'd have been able to go forward, but they're only half weird, so it's, unclear and another un-relieved worry.

I'd really hoped that taking charge of at least the camera situation and the health situation would resolve/sort out some things, but it ended up not helping or fixing anything and that's been frustrating and upsetting.

I like clarity.

Who doesn't?

Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are getting no black & white news on your ailment. Stamp your foot time.

I am also sorry that your father is not well. Try to visit him as much as poss while he waits for this op ... ask him questions ... not health questions but life questions that involve YOU! your birth etc. ... if anything like my darling father (who died when I was 19) you will get no answers but a slightly annoyed look.
Cdn Anne in England

Anonymous said...

It's frustrating when a bunch of little annoying things line up with bigger stresses like your health and your Dad's health. The little things then become bigger and more trying.

I sympathize with your unclear health issues...I've been living with that type of thing my whole life because of my asthma and allergies. Tweak this med, that blood level goes wonky, tweak that med, something else goes wonky...and then get stung by a wasp and everything goes to hell for a week.

I hope you get clarity and a fix very quickly so you can put that behind you. Clarity is so much better than what ifs.

- Elliott

Victoria said...

Oh, my feet are stomping Anne, don't you worry! And, yes, I know the slightly annoyed look you mean ;)

Elliott, I can only imagine the wonkiness a wasp sting would bring! Hope you're settling out somewhat.