Tuesday 25 September 2012

Again

You Don't See Me, Right?  Right? by foundimagination
I promised myself I'd stop buying books.

If I'm going to try to own a place some day, I need to start being more thoughtful of my budget, and the amount I spend on lovely lovely books could certainly go towards the feeding and care of my future dog, so I told myself I would stop buying books, as much as I love to.

So over the last few months, I've gone through my stockpile of new books and before I head to the library (renewed my card and everything!) I thought I'd maybe re-read some of my favourites that I've kept on my bookshelf.

Which lead me to Watership Down again.  Hence the bunny photo.

It's not quite the same, reading a great book for the second or third or xth time, but it's still good and I'm enjoying spending time with Hazel and his companions again.

Even if I'm aware of where things are going and have a memory of how the book left me feeling the first time I read it, it's still a good story and is still entertaining.  Made me think differently about animals, and humans, for that matter.

I'm not sure what I'll re-read next, something that has a fair chance of surprising me, or at least letting me dive back in to the characters and world all over again.

No comments: