Wednesday 5 September 2012

Boooooo

I do not have a good relationship with waking up.

I like being awake, and I like being asleep, but I do not like waking up.

(I should say, that the exception to this rule is when I'm allowed to wake up at whatever-I-want o'clock. Those wake ups and I get along just fine.)

I've come up with a number of ways to try to make the waking up process less painful for me but still, going from horizontal and comfortable to upright and awake is never something I enjoy doing or do willingly.

And even when I tell myself "hey, if I just get up now I'll feel awake and be awake", it doesn't matter. Even though when I do wake up (certainly recently, in these lovely bright summer days) as soon as I'm out of bed I feel alert, I still just want to stay asleep, or have another snooze rest/sleep.

I wish I was one of those people who was easily awake, or who liked waking up or something, but I'm not. I hate waking up and wish it would just leave me alone.

Boo, I say, booo!

4 comments:

Dominic said...

booo!

Victoria said...

Yes, yes, so totally yes! :D

Tom said...

I can turn off an iphone alarm (with the swipe-to-silence interface) without really waking up. I've taken to hiding an alarm clock on the other side of the room so I have to get out of bed to shut the thing up. Even then I have to move it every couple of months else I learn the way to the clock and back to bed without waking up. The morning should be in the afternoon.

Victoria said...

I totally totally know what you're saying.... and have done similar things!