Monday 5 November 2012

Not Talking About It But Talking About It

Midway Through The Week by foundimagination
I discovered this weekend what "at wit's end" feels like.

Or, at least, that's what I realized I was feeling when it was pointed out to me.

"This situation has driven her to wit's end", read the email, and just hearing it, I relaxed.

See (don't talk about work Victoria) and (no, seriously, don't do it) because (la, la, la, la, stop it, Victoria!) and that was just too much.

And so I was sitting there, at home, collapsed on the couch,   (Seriously.  I just wanted to sleep, didn't even have the energy to get up off the couch and make dinner.) when I got a phone call that broke my heart completely (my friend's Dad has been given just a couple of months to live) so I spent the rest of the weekend in some sort of combined horror of sorrow, shock, exhaustion, I don't even know what.

See, when I was under all the stress around Dad's surgery, I took time off work.  I took care of myself as best I could, and I used whatever means necessary to force my body to sleep.

But I haven't done that with this stress.  I haven't been sleeping well.  Sure, I've taken care of myself fairly well, or eaten well, at least, but not much else, and the stress done wore me out.

"I feel really weird" was all I could say when C-Dawg called to check up on me Friday after work.

I had a nap Saturday afternoon, and that seemed to help a bit, and I drank a lot of water, and I think that helped too.

But my poor, poor body, and mind are at their wit's end  and I need a break from (not talking about it), no, not a break from, an end to... and I hope it comes soon.

Very soon.

Because this is not worth getting sick about.  There's more to life than this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you are down and feel like out of battery, maybe some exercise that makes you sweat will detox a bit, both physically and mentally. A quick jog can hopefully relief some of your stress. Take care and hang in there girl!

RandomStranger said...

Try this :)
http://www.wisebread.com/feeling-stuck-100-ways-to-change-your-life
It helped me. And, if nothing else, it'll be an outlet for whatever you might be feeling.

Victoria said...

That's been hard Anon, because my toe injury has kept me out of a lot of activity for WAAAY too long. It's finally to a point where I can walk normally again as of this week, whew! But, yes, you're right, it does help!

Thanks Random Stranger :)