Friday 1 February 2013

But, Of Course

Had this dream the other night/morning that is still stuck in my brain.

I was walking down Fort Street (this only matters because Fort Street is a main street in town here and has antique shops and specialty shops and auctions and things like that) with a friend of mine that I haven't seen, in real life, in a few years.

But we were walking back from a lunch together (I think) when she asked if we could stop in the gold shop.

I knew that she and her husband regularly liked to invest in gold (in the dream, not in real life) so had no problem going into the gold shop with her.

(Is there such a thing as a gold shop?  I have no idea.)

So we went in and the nice ladies (it was all ladies in there and very subdued and rich/art gallery feeling) asked her what she'd like to see, and she sat down in the chair and they brought her champagne and she asked to see some "crystal clear gold with sparkles."

I felt a little out of place because it's rude to watch someone while they view their gold, but I don't have enough money to buy any gold so I just kind of hovered in the foyer half watching my friend and half pretending to study the artwork and statues next to the receptionist, who kept giving me chilly/fake nice smiles.

Eventually, my friend came and showed me what she'd purchased.  Two "clear sparkling" gold earrings and an "ebony white" gold ring.

I realized, when I woke up that neither of these things are really gold, but in my dream they were very expensive types of gold and obviously good investments, since gold is always a good investment.

Which, of course, everyone knows gold (coughcoughdiamondcough) earrings are really good investments when you want to invest in gold and shouldn't we all?





I have no idea what my brain was thinking.

4 comments:

Dominic said...

It's hard to be sure, what with the mysterious and subtle nature of dreams, but I think you can say with a fair degree of confidence that your brain was in fact thinking about gold.

Hope that helps!

Victoria said...

Meh, I'm sure there was a deeper, hidden meaning! ;)

Laura said...

So when I think of diamonds I think of commitment and forever and engagement. And you are talking about investment. And gold is seen as something very dear or important and cherished when people have something that is gold. And you have a lot of things running through your brain about the relationship you are in now.

So although I don't think this is a dream about wanting him to put a ring on it, I do think this could be a dream about wanting a return on investment. And the awkwardness and feeling out of place? I think it's because you are still unsure of exactly what it is you should want from this relationship.

My two cents anyway. :)

Victoria said...

Oooh, I like your two cents worth Laura, well done! :D