Friday, 2 August 2013

I'll Tell You How It Went Tomorrow. This Is Just The Pre-Ramble. And No, It's Not What I Forgot I Wanted To Tell You.

You Guys!  I Found The Way To Open The City Of Victoria! by foundimagination
I don't know how to tell you so I'll just tell you... I went on a date.

Well, not a date, exactly, but a first meeting of someone.

From the dating website.

Yeah.  I don't know how I feel about it all exactly.  Somewhere in between "odd" and "it's time."

When I realized things with Jay and I weren't going to work out, I fired up the website and it made me feel sick to my stomach.  I remember when things ended and I was such a mess, saying to my friend who came over to help me breathe (literally) that I couldn't be single again, I couldn't do it.

I'm not sure I remember anymore what it was I felt I couldn't do, if it was the being without someone or if was the looking for and getting to know someone all over again part, but I know once I felt more peaceful about Jay and I being over, it was more the idea of having to start from scratch that felt... exhausting.

I think I signed on a few times, here or there, and just kind of scrolled through, never really looking too seriously at anyone.  My profile's still hidden, my photo taken down.  I did that once Jay and I decided we were just going to commit to getting to know each other and started our coupleness.

I guess it was a couple of weeks ago, no more than three, when I saw a profile that I liked, and decided, what the heck, I may as well say hi to this guy.

I felt somewhat conflicted doing so.  Maybe a little queasy.  I don't know if it's because I really don't like the idea of trying to get to know a new person again or if it's because that's sort of a more permanent step away from Jay than I'd made since we reconnected a little.

Not that there's been much communication.  And that made it easier.  I know, without a doubt, that Jay and I won't work while he lives elsewhere, and there's no point in me rehashing the why's with myself.  But I can't lie and say there's not a part of me that thinks that if Jay were ever to live here again, permanently, that we might just pick up where we left off.  And I also would be lying if I said that if Jay has to come into town for work again, we wouldn't hang out again, cuddle, maybe spend a night together, who knows?

So for me to contact someone, to put myself out there, really was a step away from just... waiting.  A step away from being frustrated by what is and what isn't.

That's not saying that I'm going to date anyone, or that I'll be in a relationship or anything, it just means I made a choice to make things different.  Less stagnant.

But man, it's not a stress-free process.  For me, at least.

As my friend (who's also dealing with an ex situation) said "at least one of us is moving forwards."

Yeah, I guess.

2 Comments:

Anonymous kandijay said...

Good for you! I'll be here in my little corner, rooting for you.

Friday, August 02, 2013 6:15:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Aww, thanks :)

Friday, August 02, 2013 11:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.